Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: observations

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    1980 Yamaha XS850 - being dismantled; 1999 Kawaski Concours
    I've noticed as the companies get bigger (and we deal with some pretty big international companies) they tend to not give a sh*t about you, either as a customer or a supplier.

If you are lucky, you get ahold of one or two contacts that aren't morons and have some sense of being able to structure their time.

or, you can have a realtor who takes nearly a year to show your place after to list it with them.

Over in the states, there is way too much competition in the realtor market for that to ever be a problem, plus there are some people who are selling there homes themselves (for sale by owner).

Additionally, pre fab houses are just coming online within the last 10 - 15 years in the states; not sure why, contractors kept getting more and more expensive, less and less reliable and had a knack of only fitting you in when you planned a weeks' vacation to someplace.
    Couldn't put "fail" across Lolo's picture, but she did come in 4th in the 100 m hurdles - still one heck of an effort.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki M50 Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Talk to yourself much ???

Haha! No, but maybe that would help...not sure if I could afford me. That guy charges out the wazoo.
    I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure...

My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajim View Post
    I've noticed as the companies get bigger (and we deal with some pretty big international companies) they tend to not give a sh*t about you, either as a customer or a supplier.
    Power (size) breeds corruption.
    The love of money is the root of all evil.

At the time the US constitution was written, the only two organizations they could forsee as getting too big and powerful were the Federal Government and the "church".......so those are the only two things specifically mentioned.

The politicians have been skillful and devious about making the Government more powerful than it should be, despite the Constitution, and they seem to be making progress at taking restrictions off of "the church" too........all the while, ignoring the basic underlying intent of the Constitution not to allow the "big and powerful" to exist in the first place.

There WILL be a revolution. I hope it happens before there is a national crisis and that it is peaceful.

Outlawing political parties would be an excellent start.
    The both are WAY too big and powerful.

(Sorry, off soap box)
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    Back on topic ...

As I mentioned, I called my real estate agent's boss to complain that I had already invested close to 2 grand and hadn't seen squat for it. After meeting with the two of them (my agent and his boss) we decided to terminate the contract, as they didn't seem to give us the feeling that they were able and willing to sell this place. We gave them written notice that the contract will terminate on August 24th.

Since then, my agent has woken up and realizes if he doesn't bring me a buyer in the next 3 weeks, he's going to lose out on his commission (about 16 grand). We showed the place for the first time a week ago, and he has contacted me for another showing on the 16th.

Meanwhile, I've spoken with three other agencies about listing the place. Last night (yes, Saturday evening) when I got home, I had a call from one of these agencies to follow up with me. This was exactly what I was waiting for - an agent that goes after customers (like a bloodhound) instead of "laying in wait" for one to come by (like a spider).

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    blog: gsx1400

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inspiron View Post
    Meanwhile, I've spoken with three other agencies about listing the place.
    Before you actually make a switch, ask about rules coverning that.
    In the US, there ARE rules about switching agents.......and it can get kind of messy if you do it wrong.

My Bike(s)
    Sometimes the larger firms - in this case a realtor - just don't care.

Don't understand how some of these operations, be it realtor, car dealer (cough - Toyota) or other service business can get so horrible at service.

Come to think of it, went through a town not far from the folks (a couple smallish towns) one town of about 3000 lost its grocery store, the neighboring town has one gas station left (had 4 of them not that long ago) and only had 1 car dealer (and a small used lot) when they used to have 2 good sized operations.

Along a slightly different train of thought, around these parts we have enough properties zoned residential to last us about another 10 years, in addition to the fact they were zoned residential about 5 years ago. The city doesn't mind, they're getting $ for property tax on an empty lot that requires no services to speak of.
    Couldn't put "fail" across Lolo's picture, but she did come in 4th in the 100 m hurdles - still one heck of an effort.

My Bike(s)
    Sometimes the larger firms - in this case a realtor - just don't care.
    But the individual agent who stands to lose 16 grand might suddenly decide that he cares a LOT......as evidenced by his recent renewed interest.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2010 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
    Speaking of service. AfterDarker I notice you own the same model M50 as I do and as you are probably aware the after market accessories are a bit hard to come by(probably due to the fact that the US doesn't get our model)
    Anyway I had a fantastic experience with the crew at National Cycle. I made enquiries about a Vstream windshield for my bike and was amazed at just how helpful they were. Considering I was dealing with them from little old New Zealand and was attempting to make the M90 model screen fit, they always made me feel important and subsequently my bike now wears a National Cycle screen.

My Bike(s)
    there are a few good ones out there; the sad truth is, back in the day, most companies/organizations held everybody to that standard.

Lately - who am I kidding, long as I can remember, it has been about sales. Sales, sales and more sales, and if the customer gets good service, it is almost incidental to the situation.

It is like many things - people decide they can act rude in public places, because, heck they act rude in the privacy (to be read as priv acy) of their own homes, why not act that way everywhere?

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuftim View Post
    Speaking of service. AfterDarker I notice you own the same model M50 as I do and as you are probably aware the after market accessories are a bit hard to come by(probably due to the fact that the US doesn't get our model)
    Anyway I had a fantastic experience with the crew at National Cycle. I made enquiries about a Vstream windshield for my bike and was amazed at just how helpful they were. Considering I was dealing with them from little old New Zealand and was attempting to make the M90 model screen fit, they always made me feel important and subsequently my bike now wears a National Cycle screen.
    Good choice of screen. I've now got two of them, just bought a second hand touring screen to go with the sports... Notice there are few M50s in unzud ... Wonderful motorcycling country

My Bike(s)
    Lately - who am I kidding, long as I can remember, it has been about sales. Sales, sales and more sales, and if the customer gets good service, it is almost incidental to the situation.
    Used to be there were 3 kinds of lies: Lies, damn lies and statistics.
    Now it should be: Lies, damn lies and marketing.

I'm all for smaller government and all but it needs to be smaller in the right places.
    Those agencies that protect the little guy from being victimized by marketing lies and other scams is NOT one of the places that needs to be cut.......but that seems to have been cut out of existence already.

Witness my phone ringing as many as 5 times a day sometimes with blatantly illegal violations of the Do-Not-Call list, with faked caller ID and various scams. And it just seems to keep getting worse. And more and more ads for various kinds of "snake oil".....designed to make your "snake" work better.

We ARE going to hell......and I don't think we even have a basket to ride in anymore.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2010 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
    Two screens is being a bit greedy(LOL). Will be exploring the Country a bit more in November as we have an event to attend in Invercargille(bottom of the South Island) Will be a round trip of about 4000 km's so counting down the days.
    Will certainly test out the luggage capacity and my riding fitness.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Is it a Bert Munroe related event in Invercargill? Or this the annual brass monkey ride?

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2010 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
    Yes it is the Bert Monroe challenge. There are a group of us going(four at present). We are going solely as spectators and two of the group have been before but this will be my first time.

My Bike(s)
    who says the dmv is no good?

took the truck in and they said the connector was dead - probably a blown fuse.

sure enough, a blown fuse and I found out why the power outlet (there are two in this truck - because heck, it's current) did not have power.

Then, upon thinking about it - realized the cigar lighter in my car hadn't worked in a while (you can tell how critical these power outlets in my car and truck are can't you?) and sure enough, also a blown fuse.

Not sure why these fuses have blown - quite frankly two blown fuses are about 3 blown fuses more than I have ever seen (that's right, only saw one blown fuse in a car in about 27 years of driving).

The remarkable part? these were fuses for cigarette lighters that were only used occassionally, about the only thing I can figure is between the age of the fuse and a surge load must have been enough to trip them.

Ads