Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: observations

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    1980 Yamaha XS850 - being dismantled; 1999 Kawaski Concours
    no chance, my team (the packers) aren't in the "big game" this year and I don't have enough money on the game to make that big of a deal.

however, I do donate blood regularly (lately it's been platelets, it's all about the platelets - and they have something like a 1 week shelf life) but I was thinking maybe, just maybe, when they check my blood pressure they would do it accurately enough to flag it as an issue.

and they did not.

along another train of thought, it should be interesting how nbc shows the f1 this year in the states (previously F1 was on speed tv and they would rerun the f1 race early tuesday or some such).
    Couldn't put "fail" across Lolo's picture, but she did come in 4th in the 100 m hurdles - still one heck of an effort.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010

observations

I'm hopeless at giving blood. I faint like a big pussy. Can't handle the cannula. Just have a psychological problem.

Consequently, I admire those that do give blood. Good on you.

My Bike(s)
    I don't blame or fault anybody who has fear of watching their life providing fluids being drained out of their body; it spooks me a little every time I donate as well.

and that's some 120 donations later, or thereabouts.

see it as a deposit in the karma bank; afer all, I do drive a motorcycle.

for a bit of a paradigm shift, can the flatscreens get any cheaper?

finally broke down and bought a 51" plasma (I know, it's only 720 lines of resolution, it's plasma, it is not a "smart tv" and all sorts of extra nonsensical whizbangery) but for just over $500 (originally, the set sold for nearly $1400 when introduced) it has reached stupid cheap.

Initially, was going to buy 37", but for a couple dollars more, 46", and for a few dollars more 51".

Just before x-mas, my folks bought a nice and fancy (not smart tv, but just one step short) and got a 55" for $800. They could afford to spend more but I told it would be stupid for their purposes (no streaming movies mostly).
    Couldn't put "fail" across Lolo's picture, but she did come in 4th in the 100 m hurdles - still one heck of an effort.

My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterDarker View Post
    I'm hopeless at giving blood. I faint like a big pussy. Can't handle the cannula. Just have a psychological problem.
    I don't mind the sight of blood.......except my own.

A nurse once told me that most people will be OK if they don't LOOK at what is going on; not even a peek.
    It works for me.
    Unlike the dentist who tries to talk to me when my mouth is full of tools, I appreciate the "blood nurse" who tries to carry on a conversation and distract my attention.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2007 M50
    I had to have the lens on my right eye sliced like a C, stretched and sewn back on due to a failed Lasik procedure. They stopped a couple times to ask if I was OK. They said no one has ever laid there and not flinched or something. I told them I was enjoying the music they put on for me and didn't mind seeing the needle coming at my eye. They said I wasn't supposed to be able to see the needle. I described it to them and they were shocked. Even though they numbed my eye I could feel when they pulled on the stitches. Eight of them for up to 3 months. When it comes to blood, the nurses love me. I have huge veins.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010

observations

QZ I am not coping well with this (appalling) scenario. I am more the anaetheist's friend than the nurses friend.

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    Quote Originally Posted by QZephyr View Post
    I had to have the lens on my right eye sliced like a C, stretched and sewn back on due to a failed Lasik procedure. They stopped a couple times to ask if I was OK. They said no one has ever laid there and not flinched or something. I told them I was enjoying the music they put on for me and didn't mind seeing the needle coming at my eye. They said I wasn't supposed to be able to see the needle. I described it to them and they were shocked. Even though they numbed my eye I could feel when they pulled on the stitches. Eight of them for up to 3 months. When it comes to blood, the nurses love me. I have huge veins.
    I'll admit...I'd be freakin' the eff out.

My Bike(s)
    and that's why I will live with glasses - when I need to wear them all the time.

local business is doing good - Briggs& Stratton moved a bunch of generators, now, a bunch of snowblowers.

I would ask if there are any east coasters here, but with the power outages being what they are, I doubt they have access.

Baft Dastard
    My Bike(s)
    M800 Intruder (M50 Boulevard)
    Observations.

Why is it when you pass a motorist on the open roads, then, when you slow down to 30 for the next town/village, he screams past you at 50mph? Usually in front of the local primary school..

When God rides, he rides in Scotland. I know this for a fact, because people often confuse him with me..!!

My Bike(s)
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
    Cuz they're spanners

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Handy
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.
    Loud pipes and other myths.
    R.I.P. Gregory Brewer 01/31/51-07/01/12

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Hayabusa 2010
    I went to give blood once. It was me and this HUGE black guy that looked like a linebacker for the Saints sitting there. He didn't utter a single word the whole time. The nurse comes in and says ok guys any of you squeamish about needles? I rolled up my sleeve to reveal all my tat's and so no I'm good. The black guy never said a word so she started with him first. Gets the needle, pokes his arm and back he goes..lol.. poor guy. I had to help him to his car so his wife could drive him home..hehehe

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    The idiots talking on their cell phones that I see at stop lights, wow. among other things such as smoking with infants in their child seats in the back of the car I occasionally like to jot down a license number for my own personal blackmailing purposes.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Hayabusa 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedbyfourkawiby2 View Post
    The idiots talking on their cell phones that I see at stop lights, wow. among other things such as smoking with infants in their child seats in the back of the car I occasionally like to jot down a license number for my own personal blackmailing purposes.
    And to what end? Why would you bother getting a plate number? Calling the cops I guess?

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    I dunno, sitting in the local burger king I can see everything sitting on my bike I can see everything but when I see a man smoking a cigarette with a toddler in the back of the car I get worried. either this person doesn't care about the kid because he is mad at the wife or he just doesn't have any respect for the law and thinks he is above the rules.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    Quote Originally Posted by Tscotty3874 View Post
    And to what end? Why would you bother getting a plate number? Calling the cops I guess?
    nope, find out who the car belongs to and call the wife.

Ads