Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: like a sauna

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene

like a sauna

I cleaned my fairly hot air-cooled engine, with de-greaser and water
    I am worried that cold water on a really hot engine could crack the block
    also I was scratched by a troll at the kzrider forum, so if any of you could lock me in a cell and check up on me periodically to make sure I haven't turned I would appreciate it

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    and they suspended my privileged for being off topic.

Y2K
    No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedbyfourkawiby2 View Post
    I cleaned my fairly hot air-cooled engine, with de-greaser and water
    I am worried that cold water on a really hot engine could crack the block
    Well it doesn't have a "block" like a car,it has a two piece case for starters.
    It's highly unlikely you'd ever have a problem,think about this especially since you (like me) live in Washington and it rains a lot here.
    If your engine could break from getting cold water on it you'd never be able to ride in the rain,I've done a hell of a lot of miles in the rain living my whole life (and I'm old) here in the PAC NW and always on air cooled bikes.
    Haven't broken one yet from getting wet lol,Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha & Harley,they've all survived being hot and hitting cold wet rain.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    There are very few hours in the day that there is any sunlight outside.
    I love this bike, it has huge carburetors and gets fuel mileage similar to an economy car. plus the number of valves per cylinder gives it a punch.
    Water repellent snow pants and a rain jacket for me, thanks.
    Seems to be more slow paced, the problem with other forums is people post 10 times as much as they should, and it is hard to avoid an online computer nerd fight with these people.
    me- 400 posts in 1 1/2 years other people 4000 post in 1 1/2 years or 400 posts in 3 months. they know who they are and I will avoid them if possible.
    as much as I paid for this bike it cannot be beat. 1 dollar per cc (1 horsepower per 10 cc's also)

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Seems to be more slow paced, the problem with other forums is ...............
    If you have exactly the same "problem" on all the forums you visit, odds are that the problem is not with the OTHER users.

Don't believe everything that you think.

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    I have read several posts by limitedbyfourkawiby2, I believe he is using the new smoking option available to Washington residents. I have trouble making sense of most of his comments.

Or perhaps I am overmedicated, I haven't felt well this week after pushing the riding weather a bit, I have to remember I am not as tough as I was 50 or 60 years ago.
    Last edited by old codger; 12-27-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    no, it's just the Seattle's best coffee, sorry you feel that way. I am not a drug user, thanks.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    let me get my corncob pipe!
    Last edited by limitedbyfourkawiby2; 01-02-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    also I had a 6"x4" ziplock bag full of ice that I completely melted to water within 15 minutes on the thigh that is attatched to my shifter foot. why is there no way to put the shifter on the other foot.
    I am pretty sure the handle controls are reversible, but my leg needs to rest.

Y2K
    No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    also I had a 6"x4" ziplock bag full of ice that I completely melted to water within 15 minutes on the thigh that is attatched to my shifter foot. why is there no way to put the shifter on the other foot.
    I am pretty sure the handle controls are reversible, but my leg needs to rest.
    Dude,what have you been smoke'n anyway,you are putting up some really bizzare stuff to say the least.

I mean really?....come on I don't think this is even possible.
    The thing I was most worried about is the valves. The vacuum petcock had a leaky diaphragm that I used a clear hose for. on occasion I could see the gas inside the hose igniting while warming up the engine. The clearances are in spec and I get concerned for my own safety even after I repaired the petcock. the porting was mostly something I saw for sale that I was unsure about.
    Happy new year.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    I'm just saying, my throttle hand and shifter leg is way messed up from the other sides. also I don't see the need to be confronted by something from another thread. ie the valve thing.

Y2K
    No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    I'm just saying, my throttle hand and shifter leg is way messed up from the other sides. also I don't see the need to be confronted by something from another thread. ie the valve thing.
    It's just to show how weird some of what you put out there is,I mean damn dude it's way out there.
    Stuff like that starts looking like troll action,why else would anyone post something like this nonsense "I could see the gas inside the hose igniting while warming up the engine" unless to provoke some kind of reaction.
    Last edited by Y2K; 01-01-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    the post is on the section about valve grinding, so if you have fire in your vacuum hoses then it is getting past your intake valves. check with your eye doctor and get some freakin' reading glasses.

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
    Dude,what have you been smoke'n anyway,you are putting up some really bizzare stuff to say the least.

I mean really?....come on I don't think this is even possible.
    After reading his posts I have reached the conclusion that he must be 12 years old perhaps less, at least mentally. I first thought it was smoke but even that would not have produced the bizzare comments we have seen in the last few days.

old codger
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    please remove yourselves from my postings codger and y2k

Ads