Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    1997 BMW R1100RT

Stupid NY Gun Law

Just wanted to say thank you for using my tax dollars to strip away my rights. The law does nothing except punish those of us that already were following the rules.

How about actually enforcing the laws we already have? And try actually punishing criminals rather than rehabilitating them?

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    If this is about carrying a loaded weapon, then carry the clip in your pocket if you are worried about being mugged.

Fender Buffer
    My Bike(s)
    Honda RR8
    Absolutely appalling!
    Quote Originally Posted by lighthiker90 View Post
    The law does nothing except punish those of us that already were following the rules.
    It is so simple and I can't understand how anyone could believe otherwise. The only people who will comply with the law are individuals who follow the law. Anyone questioning gun control should really research the gun laws vs. crimes involving guns in mexico vs. switzerland. I could go on and on about this crap but it seems we are on the same page.

I will toss this in there. I was listening to a N.Y. senetor during a phone interview on the radio last Sun. They brought up how the bill was constructed so fast that they forgot to exempt law enforcement. This was his actual responce, he didn't even read it. He stated they didn't have much time and agreed with the general idea so he signed it. WTF!!! How could someone even admit they signed something that effects millions of people with out even reading it and still even pretend he gives a crap about the people he represents.

Another thing that caught my ear was when he was asked if an individual in his own home shot a violent intruder 8 times (law states 7 in a mag) would he be prosecuted. His responce was he didn't know of any posecuter that would persue that individual. Which was interpreted as a prosecuter has discrstion of who or who not to prosecute. He was scrabling to cover up that comment but that was a shocking statement and part of the problem of why individuals should be able to defend themselves.

I am sorry lighthiker, that sucks. It looks like you guys are getting hit with the tip of the spear that is going to stab into the second amendment. Become very active about it. I have been searching for and signing every petition I have come across. Do what you can to stand up for your rights, and try to educate everyone you can.

I am sorry lighthiker, that just plain sucks. I have a feeling with the new prices of ammunition coming up only the rich will be able to defend them selves anymore.
    Last edited by Drifter; 01-22-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    [

Fender Buffer
    My Bike(s)
    Honda RR8
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedbyfourkawiby2 View Post
    If this is about carrying a loaded weapon, then carry the clip in your pocket if you are worried about being mugged.
    It is a bit more than that, do some research.
    [

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010

Stupid NY Gun Law

The prevailing gun culture in the USA is looked upon with some amazement by the rest of the world. I have friends in Australia that don't want to even travel to the USA because the whole country seems so awash with guns and people only too ready to use them.

Surely limiting access to assault rifles is not a bad idea? When the US constitution was drafted the right to bear arms was based on citizens having single shot rifles. Nowadays a 16 year old kid can kill 25 people in 2 minutes after buying an AR15 at Kmart. Surely reforms are needed?

A foreigners view.

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterDarker View Post
    The prevailing gun culture in the USA is looked upon with some amazement by the rest of the world. I have friends in Australia that don't want to even travel to the USA because the whole country seems so awash with guns and people only too ready to use them.

Surely limiting access to assault rifles is not a bad idea? When the US constitution was drafted the right to bear arms was based on citizens having single shot rifles. Nowadays a 16 year old kid can kill 25 people in 2 minutes after buying an AR15 at Kmart. Surely reforms are needed?

A foreigners view.
    You wouldn't like to visit me, I have several guns near me in the house, they are loaded too. I have no young children, my one is 34 and is a doctor (pharmD). I carry a gun almost everywhere I go as well and I am legal, most have 15 round magizines, I normally download a 15 mag to 12 rounds to save the spring. I did have an unauthorised visitor in my house at 4AM a few years back, situation handled because I was armed.

My Christmas present this year was a "12 gauge Coach Gun" with 20 inch barrels, loaded at all times with 00 buck. As the man said, "from my cold dead hands". Reforms not needed. As someone said I have more guns than I need but not as many as I want.

Sorry for the rant!

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    I would look into gun laws, but if it's my time I would rather go peacefully. Also suicide is an issue along with somebody stealing your weapon. look at the suicide statistics for your area/age/race/sex that is why the laws are so particular.

Y2K
    No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic

A foreigners view.
    It's a very bad idea,all it will do is leave honest law abiding citizens outguned by criminals who don't care about the law.
    The USA is a huge place with long borders,perhaps you've heard about the troubles in Mexico and how it's spilling across the border?
    If I lived in Texas or Arizona near the border I'd want all the firepower I could get right now.
    Besides if a nut job want's to kill a bunch ofpeople he'll do it whether guns are available or not,Tim McVeigh killed hundreds in Oklahoma City including a whole daycare center full of little kids without firing a shot.
    The US Constitution was not based on any such thing as single shot rifles,it was about keeping the government in check because the founding fathers worried that the government might get out of control if the citizens weren't given the right to be armed and keep it in check.
    It's not about hunting or gun collecting or target shooting or anything else like that,it's about the people keeping the government from becoming to powerful,we are a nation born of rebellion.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    Exactly, if someone wants to shoot up a bunch of people then himself its kind of stupid. People need to leave other people alone and just take care of themselves. If population control was an issue I have some mountain dew that I can share.

Fender Buffer
    My Bike(s)
    Honda RR8
    Quote Originally Posted by old codger View Post
    You wouldn't like to visit me, I have several guns near me in the house, they are loaded too. I have no young children, my one is 34 and is a doctor (pharmD). I carry a gun almost everywhere I go as well and I am legal, most have 15 round magizines, I normally download a 15 mag to 12 rounds to save the spring. I did have an unauthorised visitor in my house at 4AM a few years back, situation handled because I was armed.

My Christmas present this year was a "12 gauge Coach Gun" with 20 inch barrels, loaded at all times with 00 buck. As the man said, "from my cold dead hands". Reforms not needed. As someone said I have more guns than I need but not as many as I want.

Sorry for the rant!
    Oh I would like to come visit, but it would be to chat about some hardware. I have a couple of stories too, and hardly ever leave unarmed. I never go out into the mountains unarmed anymore.

A foreigners view.
    I can understand this view completly. There are areas of the U.S. I wouldn't go even with a gun. But if you look at the stats most of those are the areas with the tightest gun control.

The second ammendment was written when the tyrannical government trying to take the citizens arms was armed with single shot rifles also. It was written so a free citizen could protect him self against a tyrannical gov. or foreign or domestic threat. For a while it was required for the man of the house to carry, and if he couldn't afford one the state provided one for him. And now more than ever is a threat of a tyrannical government. Our politicians live in somesort of alterative reality. Most are filthy rich and use most of the loop holes they themselves provide to make as much money as possable. Our presidents last trip to Hawaii cost us tax payers more than all of the combined English royalty's travel costs from 2012. Make no mistake our corparations are dug deep into Washington D.C. and will do anything to gain as much control as possible. It is getting bad here.

Right now you couldn't get an AR if you tried, they are all sold out.

And yes some reform is deffinantly in order, but it needs to start somewhere other than guns. Since the mainstream media fails to follow any of the justified shootings I will focus on a couple of the latest famous shootings. I have been working in the mental health field for a while now. Most have dissabilities and just need some assisstance. But a few are just down right scary. The problem is I am bound to some serious confidentiality. I could tell you some stories that would make you want to go get a gun. But this confidentiality thing is part of the problem. For instance if I am aware of someone with the same condition as the C.L. Giffard shooter entering one of the same spells I can do nothing about it. Not only that but I will lose my job and probably be prosecuted. They are not only enabled but coddled and they have more rights than any common person. I will get into this more later but I am tired and have to go to bed, I have jury duty early in the morning.

I would look into gun laws, but if it's my time I would rather go peacefully. Also suicide is an issue along with somebody stealing your weapon. look at the suicide statistics for your area/age/race/sex that is why the laws are so particular.
    I would much rather have something when my door is being bashed in than being beaten by an intruder while the other is raping my wife. Crime isn't 'peaceful.'
    [

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    depends where you live, some people can see in their neighbors window across the street from their own window.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    depends where you live, some people can see in their neighbors window across the street from their own window.
    Trying not to make eye contact with the neighbors wife while getting a glass of water from the sink, she is over there doing dishes obviously.

Fender Buffer
    My Bike(s)
    Honda RR8
    A couple of pics for the thread.

[

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    what was the name of that movie from the early 90's where the dude on the Harley Davidson Fatboy was shooting a lever action shotgun at the robot? was lit like short circuit or something?

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    I know, arguing about gun control is like trying to teach a pig to fly.

As I've said many times before ... I grew up in Los Angeles. I have fired many kinds of guns, from .22 caliber rifles to .45 magnum revolvers. It's a lot of fun.

However, I prefer to live in a country where I do not feel the need to be armed to defend myself from the threat of violent crime or some repressive government. The government of Germany is there FOR the citizens and residents, instead of posing a threat to them.

I'm always amazed how people in the US claim that they need massive firepower to protect their rights. I feel that I have much more freedom living in Europe - since the risk of being involved in violent crime is much lower. Sure, there have been some terrible crimes here - the Winnenden school shooting (2009) or the Loerrach hospital shooting (2010) are two examples near my home. But even these cases showed that it is better that few people are armed - imagine the confusion and the danger when you've suddenly got a bunch of people standing around with weapons drawn - how can the police identify who is "bad" and who is "good"? I think having lots of people armed would result in more injuries and death of innocent bystanders.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    blog: gsx1400

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads