Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Handlebar Consultant
    My Bike(s)
    2009 V Star 950

Gun Confiscation... A Gentle Reminder...

And you think that it can't happen in the USA? It already has.

Firearm confiscation Katrina - YouTube
    I bid you peace.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Y2K
    No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hand!............

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    1980 Yamaha XS850 - being dismantled; 1999 Kawaski Concours
    should do wonders for citizens' confidence in their govt.
    Couldn't put "fail" across Lolo's picture, but she did come in 4th in the 100 m hurdles - still one heck of an effort.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    what do you expect if they are going to legalize gay marriage and marijuana. someone is going to get high, get paranoid about their coulee and go on a shooting spree. I think it has a lot to do with the pledge of allegiance and religion in schools.
    Last edited by limitedbyfourkawiby2; 02-10-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Fender Buffer
    My Bike(s)
    Honda RR8
    Quote Originally Posted by otdriver View Post
    And you think that it can't happen in the USA? It already has.

Firearm confiscation Katrina - YouTube
    Treason against the constitution to the deffinition.

I can't f#@%ing beleive that california is trying to pass their new restrictions with a god damn ex officer on the rampage, AND the cops opening fire on the two ladies in that pickup 'matching the description.'
    [

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    welcome to the gun show, may I see your ticket stub?
    Last edited by limitedbyfourkawiby2; 02-10-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: typo, I misspelled welcome with an n instead of an m in after the o and before the e.

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedbyfourkawiby2 View Post
    what do you expect if they are going to legalize gay marriage and marijuana. someone is going to get high, get paranoid about their coulee and go on a shooting spree. I think it has a lot to do with the pledge of allegiance and religion in schools.
    What in the world does the legalization of weed have to do with gun control?

For the record - weed is no more dangerous than tobacco or alcohol. The hemp plant was critical for progress for more than 2000 years, serving as a source of paper, rope and even clothing. In the early 20th century, as synthetic materials were first being developed, the manufacturers pushed to have hemp declared "illegal" so that they could force ship owners to buy their new synthetic sails and ropes.

This was successful because the only people who smoked pot back then were the native Americans, and they were still considered to be "savages" and "enemies".

Less than 20 years later, the government tried to outlaw alcohol (remember the 18th Amendement?) The result? Organized crime gained a foothold in America, and the "average" American became a criminal when he wanted to enjoy a beer. The backlash led to the 22nd Amendment, which overturned the 18th.

And just imagine what would happen if they would try to make tobacco illegal... Keep in mind that tobacco kills more people every year than guns ever have.

What would happen if pot was legalized? Honestly ... nothing. Maybe the sale of snack foods would increase, but that would be about it. Oh, any maybe some people would finally be a bit more relaxed.

The same question comes about gay marriage. If you are not gay, why do you care if two men (or two women) want to get married? They should have equal rights and be free from discrimination! Since there are certain things which rely on a formal commitment (joint tax returns, visiting family in the hospital, etc.), two people who love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together should be seen as a "family" under the law.

None of this has anything to do with gun laws.

And don't even get me started with the "Pledge of Allegiance" - I was a kid too. Kids will go through the motions, reciting the words they have learned, without ever giving any thought to what they mean. Saying the pledge is simply bull - it's the parents and teachers who interpret the meaning into this process. Maybe if they sat down and smoked a couple of joints, they would relax and realize that it's all bull.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    blog: gsx1400

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    tell me you have never took a toke too much and gone on a crime spree. all narcotic drugs fall under the narcotic drug category.
    I find the pledge of allegiance very calming, it is a sign of being cooperative, how many schools got shot up before people started picketing their rights and ruining what good was already there.
    gay sex offends me, just thinking about it makes me afraid that I will say something offensive and it will become a big deal and I didn't want to think about it in the first place.
    do you think they would take away gun rights if people didn't want something previously considered wrong?
    Last edited by limitedbyfourkawiby2; 02-11-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010

tell me you have never took a toke too much ......

do you think they would take away gun rights if people didn't want something previously considered wrong?
    4x2 I usually assume you have taken a toke too much before you post, as many of your posts - such as this one - are almost completely unintelligible.

What on earth are you trying to say?

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    for example if a person got their purse snatched and somebody got punished for it, and now it is illegal for anyone to have a purse how would we look at the purse snatcher?

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    or if a person had too much weed and got busted for it, and now it is legal how does that person feel?

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010

for example if a person got their purse snatched and somebody got punished for it, and now it is illegal for anyone to have a purse how would we look at the purse snatcher?
    In both cases the purse snatcher has the same status: a criminal. There is no difference.

Buddy, you need some help. Seriously. You have lost the plot.

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    tell me you have never took a toke too much and gone on a crime spree. all narcotic drugs fall under the narcotic drug category.
    I find the pledge of allegiance very calming, it is a sign of being cooperative, how many schools got shot up before people started picketing their rights and ruining what good was already there.
    gay sex offends me, just thinking about it makes me afraid that I will say something offensive and it will become a big deal and I didn't want to think about it in the first place.
    1) I don't know anyone who would go on a crime spree after smoking a joint. Most of my friends just sit around and get philosophical after smoking a J. The idea of getting up for anything more than munchies is too much work.

2) Gay sex "offends you"? You don't have to engage in it. But you also have no right to impose your beliefs on others. What they do in private, between two (or more) consenting adults, is private. It is 2013, not the bloody middle ages.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    blog: gsx1400

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    09 FatBob, 09 M50

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    the power hungry picketing activists are to blame, don't shoot them though they might be against it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads