Motorcycle Forum banner

New Victory

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  omegajim 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I just saw this beauty myself and was going to post info on it. I've been wanting to go for a touring bike for awhile now, and have had my sights on the Yamaha Venture Royal Star for a next bike. I've been anxiously awaiting the unveiling of the new Victory, and it sure looks like it will be worth the wait. Top off that one of a kind new look with the quality reputation Victory has earned, and I think I have a new love. I can't wait to see it this fall!

#4 ·
it is refreshing to come to a forum and not see a bunch of bashing going on
about this new bike. i will say it is not quite what i expected but it sure is a cool looking ride!!! and wait till the announcment comes out about the 110CI
powerplant that will be going into this bike. i will be going up to Minnasota to the IMS show on the 3rd of next month just to check it out and see how she feels at least just to sit on. i have been riding Vics since 01 and as it stands right now i will not be changing brands soon!! i have had nothing but good luck with the Victorys and im not looking for that to change.

#9 ·
well with Victory100" their 6 gear is a true overdrive gear
and the 110" motor also will have a 6 speed tranny with the same overdrive
MagnumForce said:
How cool! The cruiser of the future. Victory has gone really radical with this one.

A true overdrive is a must, especially if it's being used as a tourer.

#10 ·
"...it is refreshing to come to a forum and not see a bunch of bashing going on
about this new bike."

Do I assume there are a few current Victory riders who aren't pleased with the new look? I would hope Victory sticks to what has been successful and keeps their customer base happy because the current bikes look great. But there is certainly nothing wrong with adding to it with this new true touring bike. I hope they show it out west here soon too.

#12 ·
you got that right,quite a few unhappy campers
im on my second Victory that i have bought just to see both models dropped
out of the line. crap kinda pisses me off the resale on them ain't squat,because of what the company has done since 03 when they dropped the C model the model that got it all going. i put 63k on my c model and after a warranty tranny upgrade at 7k it never had to make another trip to the shop. these are easy bikes to work on and just about anyone with any toolsence can get a manuel and do their own.
the flamed bike i ride now is a 92CI and with 800.00 bucks worth of mods
and it will probley out run a new 96" moter with 3000.00 worth of the Motor Co mods. now the newer Victorys Mods are going for alot more now that folks have learned what they have to do to them to get the best HP and torque. the main thing about the Victorys that keeps me buying their product
is the way these bikes handle and i have ridden quite a few. if you have not been out to demo any "do it" the Victory dealers all have demo models so ya don't have to go out and rent one for a day to try it out.

the new bike will be a good seller. im going to the IMS show im Minn on the 3rd i will post my pics in a folder on photobucket and post the link here.along with the victorys i will post all the new bikes.

dave
SoCalCruisin said:
"..

Do I assume there are a few current Victory riders who aren't pleased with the new look? I would hope Victory sticks to what has been successful and keeps their customer base happy because the current bikes look great. But there is certainly nothing wrong with adding to it with this new true touring bike. I hope they show it out west here soon too.

#14 ·
davef03TC said:
well with Victory100" their 6 gear is a true overdrive gear
and the 110" motor also will have a 6 speed tranny with the same overdrive
Yup, noticed it in the specs. Overdrives are well past overdue, maybe like ABS. ;)

I would gladly give up both of my bikes for a Victory, especially the Jackpot. Problem is that there are no Victory dealers in the islands. :-( I guess I'll just wait a few years till I get back to the mainland.

#15 ·
Rockhead
Vision is the same name as the new accounting system at work I hate so much.
I can relate, we just "upgraded" to a system that really isn't any better than the old system and by and large it's a pain.

btw, they are starting to push VISTA, but good. Even heard an ad on the radio. That's so wrong.

......and who can argue with a company who has a motorcycle named "Hammer." Although how could a bike ever live up to that billing. I bet the insurance people love to hear it. :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.