Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Just Won't Go Away !

Young Riders Club

This is a thread for anybody who rides with their youngster. Feel free to post here as often as you like. Post pictures of your young rider, trips, kids tips, safety infomation or even let them type how they feel about riding in their own words.

I guess I'll start because I've recently started riding with my son Loukas. He is 10yrs old and has done really well so far. The first 10mins of the ride he was a little nervous. But now he's totally comfortable. We'll be going on many, many rides this year and I'm willing to post about some of them as we do.

This thread isn't about me it's about everybody else and sharing the fun of riding together with our Kids, Nephews & Nieces. Please participate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Young Riders Club-img_1206.jpg   Young Riders Club-img_0611.jpg   Young Riders Club-img_1205.jpg  
    Last edited by GeorgiaRoller; 02-09-2009 at 04:45 PM.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Yamaha V-Star Custom 1100
    Great i will post pics as soon as possible. Dont have any of the rides on the star, but will get some. My daughter is 11 and loves to go, she also rides dirt bikes and atv's.

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Blk. & Slvr M-50
    I was not riding when my son was younger, but we did other thing together. Those are some of my best memories. One of the mistakes I made was putting a little too much pressure on him to excel. There is a fine line and it is easy to cross without knowing it at the time. But even with the mistakes they turn out pretty good.

Have fun, and keep us posted.

Just Won't Go Away !
    Here's a little article that's basically common sense but it has good reminders as well.

Motorcycle Safety | How To Gear Up Your Kids For A Safe Motorcycle Ride - WhyBike.com

I just got my son good riding gloves now, high leather boots, leather jacket & good fitting helmet. I'll be putting the backrest on as well for all future rides just to be safe. I need to get him a dark tinted shield for his helmet next to protect his eyes with the higher & more intense sun angles starting to come soon.

Our next ride will probably his first Poker Run. It will be the first weekend in March at the local BBQ & Blues festival in town.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    My daughter and i did get to go for a short ride saturday. Was a bit cold but still fun. We will be doing a poker run on our atv's early in march, cant wait!

Just Won't Go Away !

Sunday Afternoon Father/Son Ride.

I finally got to spend an afternoon riding with my oldest today. Having two kids it's hard to get one & one time because you always seem to have both with you. But today was a perfect day for just us two and we couldn't have asked for any better weather either.

We had a very nice 130 mile ride down around Warm Springs where we got lunch and sat outside under the porch. Then we visited the fish hatchery where we saw Gar, Bass, Bream, Catfish, Stripers & a lone Alligator. Loukas seemed to be particular fond of the Coy pond.

Then we rode some ridges, curves and nice country rodes. On the way back I did receive one helmet tap from him as the sound of the motor & the afternoon sun was starting to put him to sleep. I think if I ride 45minutes or less at a time at his age is good. It keeps his interest and he doesn't get the second passenger sleep trance!

I added the sissybar & backrest for him this time and he really liked that being back there. I'll make sure to keep that on whenever he's riding with me now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Young Riders Club-img_1433.jpg   Young Riders Club-img_1429.jpg   Young Riders Club-img_1432.jpg   Young Riders Club-img_1431.jpg  

We're still thinking up a doozie
    Cool shots of you two. Who's taking the photos?

Just Won't Go Away !
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcelina Goddess View Post
    Who's taking the photos?
    Either the 10second auto delay or fellow riders that I run into.

I was hoping that there would be other members who would want to share some info. on their rides with their youngsters but it looks like I'm pretty much the only one. Oh well, some threads that seem like a good idea alot of times aren't.

We're still thinking up a doozie
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaRoller View Post
    Either the 10second auto delay or fellow riders that I run into.

I was hoping that there would be other members who would want to share some info. on their rides with their youngsters but it looks like I'm pretty much the only one. Oh well, some threads that seem like a good idea alot of times aren't.
    Well, I'll be reading it!! So don't think no one's paying attention And I know what you mean. I've started a couple of those! lol

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    I think its a good thread too although I have failed to post on it. We have been riding but still have no pics. will need to change that soon though..

Ads