Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Where Am I ?

Helmet Installed Speakers

I was going to add some speakers but came to the conclusion some in helmet mounted speakers/headphones were the way to go. Much cheaper/easier to do and you don't have speakers hanging off your bike.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    I just took delivery of this combo yesterday:

Amazon.com: Motorcycle Helmet Speakers w/ Inline Volume Control: Automotive

along with

Amazon.com: Monster iEZClick Remote Control for iPod (Black): Electronics

The speakers are slim, slip right up in your helmet, and are velcro-backed to stay in place. The remote works great, plugs right into an iPod or iPhone, and allows you to control music easily. Never understood why you'd want speakers on your handlebars... can't imagine you can hear the music at all, at speed!

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    Any other product suggestions anyone?

I'm interested in these lately.

What's better? Wired or Bluetooth?

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    Wired - less weight, because the speakers don't need batteries. Plus, they always work - no need to think about replacing or charging batteries. The downside is, of course, the cable, which is ALWAYS somehow in the way.

Bluetooth - no cable, but with batteries. If you're using an iPhone, there is also the possiblity / risk that you may decide to take a call while riding.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    blog: gsx1400

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki M109R & 2 V65 Magna's
    Quote Originally Posted by WolverineRider View Post
    I just took delivery of this combo yesterday:

Amazon.com: Motorcycle Helmet Speakers w/ Inline Volume Control: Automotive

along with

Amazon.com: Monster iEZClick Remote Control for iPod (Black): Electronics

The speakers are slim, slip right up in your helmet, and are velcro-backed to stay in place. The remote works great, plugs right into an iPod or iPhone, and allows you to control music easily. Never understood why you'd want speakers on your handlebars... can't imagine you can hear the music at all, at speed!

Have you tried that setup yet. How is the sound quality?
    Live To Ride

Web page

Webshots

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    definitely go with in helmet.... but it makes a big difference exactly where the speakers sit. Even slightly off center of your ear canal, and the volume falls way off.
    if you have volume issues ...or side to side issues, try moving the speaker itself !
    Ride long and prosper !

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki M50
    Long time lurker, 1st post.

I have been using Klipsch earbuds ($99) with iPhone 4. The sound is fantastic, great fit but I've always been concerned about Johnny Law playing Gestapo on the side of the highway. That and it's awkward trying to adjust volume or pause with a gloved hand. I had considered a nice set of disassembled headphones hot glued into the helmet which is probably the most practical solution...but I wanted to alleviate the cord altogether.
    After reading as many product reviews as I could find on the Interphone F4 wireless motorcycle helmet kit, I decided to give it a try. It's pricey, $175!
    Now this thing works great, not as bulky as a Chatterbox, simple Bluetooth pairing that transmits stereo mp3/other audio/phone without the wires. I was able to mount the kit inside my full-face helmet with 20 minutes. I've put it to the test at 100 mph and it performed flawlessly. I can easily hear my audio at all speed ranges. BTW...I have stock exhaust. The great drawback is the helmet speakers....they aren't as high a quality driver as you would get from a nice pair of Sony BassBoost headphones or a pair of Klipsch earbuds. Not much in the bass dept. The audio quality reminds me of what you might expect of a standard set of generic headphones. I love the F4 and do like the wireless solution...but for thrift and practicality I would recommend a great pair of headphones and a glue-gun or velcro.

Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 VZ800/Z
    I just removed the overhead bar from a set of Skullcandy over the ear headphones and stuffed them into the cheekpad voids of my helmet. It works fairly well except I have to go fishing for controls and the wire is ALWAYS in the way. I have been looking into Bluetooth equiped helmets for myself and my 2up. They are becoming available but the wave of the future has yet to realy hit land. There are about 5 or six different helmets available and many more that offer it as an additional option.

I have been scoping these for a little while now. It seems pretty sound. Vega Street Helmets - XTS Half Helmet Shape Motorcycle Helmet
    I don't want a modular helmet (lest I look like every babyboomer on a Leadwing, my father included) And I would like to see it fully bluetooth compatable with chargeable batteries AND a wired option for those long rides where I might burn through a set of batteries.

I realy don't want a brick strapped to the side of my helmet either but this looks pretty sound as well: Midland Radio - Midland Radio | BT Landing Page

NMc
    Profesional technition, auto, small engine and heavy diesel with five years paid experience and many more as a hobbyist.

My Bike(s)
    Pulsar 150cc
    Quote Originally Posted by cbehr View Post
    I was going to add some speakers but came to the conclusion some in helmet mounted car navigation system speakers/headphones were the way to go. Much cheaper/easier to do and you don't have speakers hanging off your bike.
    Sounds really interesting, Have you got such helemts with speakers?
    Last edited by Ardyn; 01-11-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    just saw on the news that a man with helmet speakers died today, a semi truck full of refrigerators went by and the magnets sucked him right into it.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    the real reason that is not a good idea, the same with headphones and cell phones is the electric in your machine will emit an electromagnetic pulse that will cause the speakers to turn your brain to %%%%.

watch these videos with the volume cranked and tell me this cell phone is not fried.

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Sorry guys - I can't resist....

Quote Originally Posted by limitedbyfourkawiby2 View Post
    the real reason that is not a good idea, the same with headphones and cell phones is the electric in your machine will emit an electromagnetic pulse that will cause the speakers to turn your brain to %%%%.
    So I guess you've spent a lot of time with a cell phone strapped to your head?
    2k8 SE, 2k5 Red Parts, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Suzuki OEM Passenger Floorboards, 28" Drag Bars, Ken's 1" Spacers, 2nd Gen Chin Spoiler, Undertail Eliminator Kit, Relocated Turn Signals and Tag, Morton's Violators, K&N Drop In, PC-V retrofit, De-Paired, Custom Headlight, Blacking out the Chrome, Found better brakes - just have to get them on!!!

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    no, it was in my pocket. from now on if I take it with me I will turn it off.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2007 M50
    If it's in your pocket, what just turned to %%%%?
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

Ads