Good-bye Victory
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50

Good-bye Victory

I knew this would happen. I'm sure others thought the same. Polaris is shutting down Victory to focus solely on Indian and Slingshot. Victory has been losing money over the last few years. Warranties will be honored and parts available for 10 years.
    Seems odd though. If Victory couldn't compete with Harley, then how can they expect to compete as Indian, since it's really only the name they bought. Indian's heritage died years ago.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2016 Suzuki C90T BOSS
    Its unfortunate, as Victory really did make a nice looking machine, even though we don't see many of them on the road around here. They were decently priced and from what I hear good quality.

I think the problem here is that it really does not matter what is made or the price you put on it, if you set out to compete with Harley you will lose. I have nothing against, or no particular love for Harley, but they really are a life choice and a brand that stands out by itself. For those of us that live and breath motorcycles, we all know that bikes run deeper than the name on the tank, but there are many that are pulled by the name and have to by the cool jacket to go with it. It is the way of things. Again, Harley makes a good machine, but I think most people buy them for the name and the prestige, not the quality, as they don't have a first clue of what makes them different.

To Polaris, good luck with Indian, but I suspect they will be going down a similar road and we will see a similar story in the news in a few years. It will take allot more than an Indian or a Victory to knock the King Harley off the top of the mountain.

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Well the Indian brand is still profitable, possibly because they appeal to more as a "classic" looking bike. If you're going after the Harley demographic, then that's how you have to do it.
    I'm not sure Victory was going after the same demographic, the people looking at the Victory cruiser would be the same kind of people looking at the Wing, BMW or high end Harley cruisers like the Ultraglide. Victory was fighting a war on all fronts, that's gotta be tough. Indian doesn't have that issue so they may be ok.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    R1200GS
    Truly a shame. I kind of liked the Magnum X-1

Sponsored Links