Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    06 Roadliner
    Yep, but you should have someone help you. You will need a third hand.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Stratoliner S
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratoliner Blue View Post
    Do they go on without removing the wires in the bars?
    Yes they do. I did mine by myself but like was said, an extra hand would be a huge help.
    Jim

My Bike(s)
    '06 Roadliner Midnight

Baron's

I've got a couple of hundred miles on with the Boaron's risers and I like the way they let me sit back in the saddle. yes, the brake and clutch lines were tight, but, they worked. The bigger stress point I found was the electric going from the head light into the handle bars. I'm going to ask my service guy at the dealer to see if he can loosen them up. It works fine , but I wasn't very comfortable with how hard I had to stretch them. Overall, I'm very happy with the look and feel of the Boarn's risers.
    Spring is getting close to Ohio:
    Doubleshot

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    06 Roadliner
    You need to open the headlight bucket and reposition the wires inside the bucket. I don't know how you got the wires stretched but if you didn't open the light bucket they have to be real tight. Take the head light ring apart and reposition the wires in the bucket. I really like my Baron risers.

Willie

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Stratoliner S
    I have put a couple of hundred miles on the bike now that the snow is gone. The risers are just what I needed. Very comfortable, cables are OK and now I need a long trip for the final test. I would highly recommend the Barron's riser for quality, looks and functionality.
    Jim

My Bike(s)
    2006 Roadliner
    Does anyone have the Baron risers with the Memphis Shade windshield? I think my brake line is too stretched, but I'm not sure how stretched it can get before it's a problem. (in case you didn't catch it from my statement above, I'm definately not a mechanically inclined person ) I asked my mechanic and he thinks I should move the spliter to give it more length. Also, my clutch line seems to pull and wedge itself between the headlight and the mounting bracket for the windshield.
    Curtis

My Bike(s)
    2006 Stratoliner Midnight
    I have the Baron's risers for my midnight....I would love to tell you how awesome they are, how comfortable, how amazing, but being the dumbass I am, while moving the gas tank back to accomodate the risers, I applied a little too much pressure to one of the back gas tank bolts and snapped the som%%%%%. Of course, it is a custom bolt and had to be ordered from Yamaha, but lesson learned....I hope they are worth the three days the bike will be down....

My Bike(s)
    2006 Roadliner
    Sorry to hear about your bolt issue. I didn't push too hard when I moved my tank and I really don't think I would have needed to move it at all, I have plenty of clearing there.
    The risers are great though, I can sit comfortably and am not stretching to reach the handle bars.
    Hopefully those bolts aren't too expensive (like anything for a motorcycle is cheap!)

My Bike(s)
    2006 Stratoliner Midnight
    The bolt was $6, so I bought two, just to be safe. nd while the bike was down for three days, I had the chance to do some other things to it, like paint the dash and chrome ribs on the tank and install some other things. Put it all back together last night and she looks great. I posted pics in another thread.

My Bike(s)
    2007 Stratoliner Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by ibking View Post
    Anyone try the Genmar risers?
    just bought a set work great along with my mustang seat w/backrest what a ride now!

My Bike(s)
    07 roadliner midnight/01 kawasaki drifter

riser question?

Hello and happy new year to all. I have finally gotten my new 2007 roadliner to my home. I have the windshield and engine guard installed with my friend Dan's help and have managed to get about 50 miles of short rides between ice & snow storms here in Seattle. Now I am adjusting my handlebars, I had to back off the riser to raise the bars, also I rotated the control levers and now I want to retorque it all back to the correct specs but cannot find any for it. Does anyone know the correct torque amounts? Thanks in advance. Bob DuBos aka bikerbob1954

My Bike(s)
    2008 Roadliner S

NEW Roadliner risers

Quote Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
    Does anyone know about the new risers for the roadliner handlebars?
    There is a new riser for Roadliners. They are made by Refined Cycle. They fit under the stock clamp and are shaped to blend right in. They give 2" of rise and 2" of pullback. All with existing cables.

I had Thunders on my bike because the Baron's were so expensive. Refined Cycles riser are perfect. They look great and they are a fair price.
    Chris

ps...I have a set of Thunders for sale...

Ads