Motorcycle Forum banner

head light electrical problem 1991 gsxr 750

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ciscogsx 
#1 ·
i have a 91 gsxr 750 and i have a big problem with my lights. my headlight doesn't work at all and when i use my turn signals no matter if its right or left they both turn on front and back but my tail light works perfectly i have checked all the wiring and cant find anything disconnected i am thinking its a lose ground somewhere. also before the headlights went out it was an inermentant thing where the headlight would turn on and off and from high beam to low beam. if anyone has had this trouble or has any good suggestions i would like to hear them.

#2 ·
I don't have specifics, but a service manual ($25.00 for Clymer manual) and a multimeter ($15-25 at an auto parts store) should help you track it down. Certainly sounds like a bad ground or wiring. If you don't have the patience to track it down, then you'll probably need to take it to a shop.

#5 ·
zerocool said:
i have a 91 gsxr 750 and i have a big problem with my lights. my headlight doesn't work at all and when i use my turn signals no matter if its right or left they both turn on front and back but my tail light works perfectly i have checked all the wiring and cant find anything disconnected i am thinking its a lose ground somewhere. also before the headlights went out it was an inermentant thing where the headlight would turn on and off and from high beam to low beam. if anyone has had this trouble or has any good suggestions i would like to hear them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.