Suzuki GSX650F
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Suzuki GSX650F

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Black/Silver GSX650F

Suzuki GSX650F

Well, I have had my GSX650F for almost four months now and can say I am thoroughly pleased with it. I wanted a bike that gave a more upright position, had all-day comfort, was a good commuter bike but could also be used as a tourer, and was sporty enough for when we head to the North Georgia/Tennessee twisties.

I seriously considered the Bandit for quite a while, but I knew that I would be adding lower fairings in no time because I really like the look. Knowing that I would be spending close to $1900 more for a Bandit ABS, $700 for a TCP fairing and another $200 for a gear indicator made it a pretty easy decision to go for the GSX650F.

Like always, I began making adjustments to the bike from the start. I added risers for my comfort, changed the windscreen to a Double Bubble, Sylvania Silverstar headlights, flush-mount front turn signals, and a Streble horn as the initial changes. Next, I pinstriped the rims with red reflective tape. Seat comfort is obviously a huge issue, and went with the Holeshot/Corbin saddle with back rest.

I also really liked the look of the Corbin hard bags, even though the price was astronomical. Nothing against the Givi bags, but I just wanted something that looked like it was a part of the bike, not an aftermarket add-on. Given that I would have spent close to $3000 more if I went for a Bandit made it easier to go for Corbin. However, there were and still are issues with the Corbin bags, which I will detail in another thread. As you can see from the pictures, the paint is wrong and they are on their way back to Hollister to be corrected.

Gotta say, I couldn’t be happier with this bike. I knew from my M50 that Suzuki made a quality product. The Bandit line has been very strong, so I had no hesitation with going with a “new” product because it is pretty much a Bandit 650. The incredible research and support that Dale (Holeshot.com) put into the Bandit placed my mind at ease since almost all the parts are interchangeable between the bikes.

So for anyone looking for another option for an affordable upright bike that has a sporty appearance but has the comfort and reliability for touring, I would wholeheartedly recommend the GSX650F.

Suzuki GSX650F-untitled2.gif

Suzuki GSX650F-dscf1466_edited-1.jpg

Suzuki GSX650F-dscf1462_edited-1.jpg
    When we drink, we get drunk.
    When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
    When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
    When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
    So let's all get drunk and go to heaven!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Looking good. I have been thinking about a sport tourer for a year now since my beloved Super Hawk was taken from me. I have been checking out the GSX650. Seems like a good choice with the bags. Everything I have read is that is handles very well for the money.

Leaned over, knee down
    So how much better would you rate the Corbin seat over the stock seat?
    Last edited by Rickster; 01-10-2009 at 11:55 PM.
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '05 SV650S; '06 GSX-R1000;'09 1198
    Awesome-looking bike.

Super setup !!!
    "Don't wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pigs love it."

"Don't argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin."

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Black/Silver GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    So how much better would you rate the Corbin seat over the stock seat?

Can't really rate it. I had less than 50 miles on the stock before it went to ORBrit. I knew I would be changing it for my girlfriends comfort.

No problem whatsoever with the Holeshot/Corbin seat. We can ride for hours without any issues. It really feels good and the lines really compliment the bike. The seat is contoured differently than the regular Corbin, however. Dale at Holeshot tweaked it, dropping it about an inch and changing the angle of the front and rear buckets to plant you more firmly. From what I read from the Bandit forums, I would highly recommend his seat over the standard Corbin (Disclosure: and he was kind enough to use my bike on his website photos).
    When we drink, we get drunk.
    When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
    When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
    When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
    So let's all get drunk and go to heaven!

Leaned over, knee down
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaznBlu View Post
    Can't really rate it. I had less than 50 miles on the stock before it went to ORBrit. I knew I would be changing it for my girlfriends comfort.

No problem whatsoever with the Holeshot/Corbin seat. We can ride for hours without any issues. It really feels good and the lines really compliment the bike. The seat is contoured differently than the regular Corbin, however. Dale at Holeshot tweaked it, dropping it about an inch and changing the angle of the front and rear buckets to plant you more firmly. From what I read from the Bandit forums, I would highly recommend his seat over the standard Corbin (Disclosure: and he was kind enough to use my bike on his website photos).
    That's helpful, thanks. I talked to ORBrit last year about the seat he got from you, and he said it was a definite improvement over the stock seat on his Bandit, but it sounds like the real answer is to do what you did and get the Holeshot Corbin seat.

My Bandit is such a solid & fun bike to ride that it's really a shame that the seat is only good for about 50 miles before it starts talking to you.
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

My Bike(s)
    Honda VFR 2007
    Nice pictures...I am considering my next bike to be sport tourer, maybe the Ducati Multistrada. Still contemplating between Ducati & BMW.

Sponsored Links