Motorcycle Forum banner

tire compound

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  wookie 
#1 ·
go for it give me the nitty gritty on some sticky tires for wet and dry:bluethum:

#3 ·
Yikes,that could be fatal especially with the stupid traffic up there.
Always pre-trip inspect your bike before a ride,check your tires and look for oil leaks or anything loose.
As for tires I've been a fan of the Metzler 880's for a good mix of all weather performance and durability.

#5 ·
You had better check your chain and sprockets (or have someone who knows how to) for wear,chain slap due to being worn out can be deadly.
The chain can break and jam your rear wheel,not a good thing in traffic,it can also cause other parts to break or come loose as you may have experienced.

#6 ·
last January my extra set of shoes came untied from the back rack and went in the tire/swingarm causing the threads on the adjuster nut to strip and pulled the tire into the center stand on I-5 in seattle.
I will upload some pictures later, but for now I have just removed the center stand. It costs as much to tow a motorcycle as it does for a car.
I had a problem last night where my clutch cable snapped in downtown Olympia. I don't know how to upload pictures from my computer to this forum, any help would be nice, thanks.

#8 ·
Roflmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.