Motorcycle Forum banner

Advice on buying

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Easy Rider 
#1 ·
Hi all. New to this forum and after some advice from people that know. I'm new to the big boy bikes and set my heart on a GSXR600. I like the shape of the newer ones, K6-9 and have a budget of around £4k. I have seen one that is quite tidy, 9500 miles, 2006 K6, power commander, aftermarket exhaust and couple of other little bits. It's up for just over £4000 but the part that worries me is it's only 7 years old but also had 7 owners with me being potential number 8. Is this sort of number of keepers 'the norm'? Especially for this sort of age and mileage. I'm thinking not but wanted some experienced thoughts. Many thanks, Steve.

#4 ·
I'm new to the big boy bikes and set my heart on a GSXR600.
How about we back up and tell us what actual experience you have with riding motorcycles ??
If it is only bicycles and scooters, then you need to adjust your requirements just a bit; that is MUCH too much bike for a beginner.

Please see the other threads about "my first bike".
Even though you might think that advice doesn't apply to YOU, it probably DOES.

And I personally would NEVER buy a bike that has had the engine tinkered with (ignition, intake, fuel controller or pipes) because the often don't run right and are ALWAYS a pain in the butt to get fixed when something goes wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.