Motorcycle Forum banner

BMW K1600GT v R1200RT v Triumph Trophy SE v Yamaha FJR1300ES?

• BMW R1200RT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triumph Trophy SE

• Yamaha FJR1300ES

BMW K1600GT v R1200RT v Triumph Trophy SE v Yamaha FJR1300ES

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  anrfknm 
#1 · (Edited)
BMW K1600GT v R1200RT v Triumph Trophy SE v Yamaha FJR1300

Hi,

I am in the market to buy a bike ASAP. I am torn between a few models:

BMW K1600GT
BMW R1200RT
Triumph Trophy SE
Yamaha FJR1300ES

Of course there is a huge price difference among these models. I have owned 3 BMW K bikes in the past (K1200GT and 2 K1300GTs). On the one hand, I am excited by the new model. Just seems awesome. On the other hand, I am not planning many (perhaps 1) long trip per season. Mostly for making urban commute and personal travel fun!

I have read the reviews of all. They all seem terrific. But I need some guidance. Love cruise control, heated seats/grips, moveable windshield, and at least ABS. I only know BMWs integral braking system and ESA. Ideally there is iPhone / Bluetooth connectivity. Watched some video reviews of the Trophy (made by Triumph) and wow!! Finally, the Yamaha seems most economical.

I am also considering buying used; something I have never done. I would not buy older than 2012. Seems like the RT changed to liquid cooled in 2013; should I really care?

Can you offer some colour? BTW I am 6 foot 2 inches and weigh 220 lbs. Am I missing any bike to consider?

Thanks,
Dan

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
you missed the honda st1300 as well, they've been discontinued ( after a nice long run) and new ones are pretty cheap right now. ( as low as 13k on cycletrader).

i wouldnt worry about bluetooth on the bike. get yourself a sena or cardo helmet adapter and just build it into your helmet.

most everyone makes a decent bike. so finding the one you're most comfortable on is the key.

since your not touring alot i'd probably drop the k16 from the list. the r12 isnt quite as roomy but i'd take it as an urban commuter/weekend trip bike without hesitation. and it'll still do that 2week trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.