Motorcycle Forum banner

Ex Bandit Owner Dilemma on next purchase

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  JmalB 
#1 ·
Guys,

I have had 2 bandit 600s in the past and not rode for 3 years due to breaking my left hip at 43. Now 46 I am looking to get back on a suzy and have a dilemma unfolding. I have seen a few nice SV650S which I always liked even as a Bandit owner (shhhh !!! don't tell anyone from the Bandit Community) and I have also seen a few GSX750 for example how would you choose between a SUZUKI SV 650 cc SV650 K1 650 and a SUZUKI GSX 750 cc GSX750F X.

In other words, if you were enticing your better half to get on the back (for her first time ever as a pillion passenger) and you were unsure of which bike would suit you as a semi-seasoned rider (not first timer) why would you choose one over the other, given the choice?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance of your advice or opinion.

Joe

#2 ·
Just my two cents:
1- the forward lean on the gsx would probably be rough on your hip. More upright position of the sv would be better.
2- if it's her first time, the gsx would be very intimidating. Not to mention the postage stamp of a rear seat. Be nice to her lady parts and get her on an sv with a nice comfortable seat. Nothing ruins a man's ride more than unhappy lady parts :)

sent via middle finger messaging

#3 · (Edited)
theres some pretty good deals on the gsxf1250 on cycletrader. just something to keep in mind.

the gsxf and sv should be about the same as far as passenger comfort ( meaning you'll want to upgrade the seat for serious miles). the question really is do you want the 4 cylinder or the vtwin. and can you find a gsx750f, they're somewhat of a rare bird here in the states.

personally i thing the mini fairing on the svs looks better than the naked sv.

i know the sv has a decent sissybar option. which will probably make your 2up happy. the one's i've seen for the gsxf are too small to be usefull other than for attaching things to.

#4 ·
The GSX,s being sports bikes are not very comfy even for the rider...so the pillion would be even worse...on long rides. The Bandit 1250 is fairly good...I had a B12. I went onto an 06 Hayabusa and have since gone ontoan 010 model. Maybe worth checking out despite being a hypersports the ride is amazingly comfortable

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.