Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    93 intruder 800

headlight replacement?

dose any one make a headlight replacement for my 93 suzuki intruder 800? id like some thing newer brighter and a bolt on replacement! thanks guys i cant seem to find any thing.

cole

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    several
    The bulb is a standard 12V 60/55W, whichis common in cars and motorcycles. Most auto parts stores will have them, or do a Google search, and you should have no problem finding them in halogen, HID (High Intensity Discharge), or (XGD) Xenon Gas Discharge. If you want to get fancy you can even find them in Arctic Blue (they look blue to oncoming traffic during the day) or All Weather yellow tint.
    You MUST obey the pug dog!

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    93 intruder 800
    ya ive got a brighter bulb but id like a different housing is kinda what im after cause mine is needing replacement. buy the way drbob ive got a trailblazer tail light on the way im looking foward to trying it our on the intruder!

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    several
    Ahhh, I see...

The Intruder 800 uses a sort of odd mounting system, with two studs going right through the triple tree to mount the headlight bucket. So any headlight made for them will fit only them. A company in Norway sells kit that has two small headlights side by side, but it is REAL expensive, about $400 with shippping IIRC. If you are interested I can try and find the catalog.

There are other options. One is to remove the headlight bucket, scuff it up, use etching primer, then paint it the same color as the bike. Looks trick. Or you can get a universal aftermarket headlight from Arlen Ness or any number of manufacturers, and make a bracket to make it fit. Or, if you don't want to make one yourself, bring the new headlight to a local machine shop, show him how your current headlight mounts, and he can easily machine an aluminum block to use the verticle holes in the triple tree and the horizonal mounting bolts of an aftermarket headlight. Thunderbike in Germany makes some blocks that allow an aftermarket light to mount to the Intruder, but again, they are expensive as hell with shipping across the ocean, so it is cheaper to have someone local make one.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    93 intruder 800
    ok ill have fun with this one! just gotta figure out if the wirring is the same or not thats what will give me a major pain. thanks

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    several
    Inside the stock headlight bucket is the wiring for the front turn signals & running lights. You can pull it out and stuff it up under the tank easily enough. The headlight itself is the standard three wire set up, with high beam positive/ low beam positive/ common ground.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    93 intruder 800
    thanks i think i might try and mod me up something!

Ads