Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    My Bike(s)
    2001 Suzuki Marauder VZ800

Cleaned my carbs....bike wont start....help!

So...I recently bought a 2001 Suzuki Marauder. The previous owner said it might be a good idea to clean the carbs out. I rode the bike around for about a week, it had a slight sputter but nothing too notable. I decided i would clean the carbs anyway, despite my lack of experience. Although I have learned a lot i would sum this up as a mistake.

After i cleaned the rear carb i tried to crank it up, and nothing happened. Shortly thereafter i noticed gas flowing out of the air box. I took a look at everything and discovered i plugged the wrong line into the petcock. I plugged the vacuum tube (believe thatís what itís called). Itís the tube that runs from the carb, and does not plug into anything. So now i have a flooded engine.....Yes i feel like a complete idiot.

I went back and plugged all lines up in there correct place and fired up the bike. It cranked quickly and began to idle (quicker than usual). White smoke was coming out of the rear pipe- I assume it was burning off the excess gas in the engine. after about 4min of idling i shut it off and have not been able to crank it up since then.

I am stumped as to why it ran and now will not. When i try to crank it now it sounds dry, so Iím not sure the carb is delivering gas. Iím afraid i may have messed up something in the rear chamber by running it with too much gas in there. Since then i have taken it apart multiple times looking for an answer, and am stumped.

-Have i messed up completely on this one?
    -Is something in the carb just not adjusted right?

Any help would be appreciated it. I'm a broke college student who enjoys working on stuff, but I think I may be in over my head on this one

Thanks

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Ads