1982 GS 300L front brake problem
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    1982 GS300L bobber

1982 GS 300L front brake problem

Hello all, this is my first post on the forum and hopefully this problem i have is an easy one to solve... I have 1982 GS300 L bobber that i had purchased a couple years ago to learn how to ride and have a pretty cool looking bike... it was missing a lot when i bought it and now that i'm going through and purchasing new parts i'm having problem finding the correct front brakes (or the person i have doing the brakes has had a problem) he had based his initial purchase off of the serial number on the original drum brake pad which is ASKA11GG (i'm not sure if there's spacing in there some places or not) when he received the new pads they were about a half inch longer than the original and told me that apparently they changed the front brakes half way through production or something (from a source he found) he's having a hard time finding the exact pads i need for the front... but if i do a quick search i find many places that have front pads... my real question is i guess is that how am i to be sure if they are the right size for my bike... my bike isn't currently in my possession so i can't grab a quick measurement... thank you in advance for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1982 GS 300L front brake problem-18195622_10158529607475526_200603939_o.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Vulcan 900, Can-AM Spyder
    Welcome to the forum.

With the little actual information you gave us to go on, it would be a true miracle if anyone could come up with the right answer......when the mechanic can't.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Many brake relining companies will reline your old shoes...I had an old BSA that I had to do and a local car brake company did the job for a few bucks.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Sponsored Links