Motorcycle Forum banner

Waxing with spray wax = badness

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  tlwisner 
#1 ·
as I am sure everyone can imagine, there are thousands of tiny white dots everywhere that is not tank or fairing or tail section. on the frame, on the wiring, in places that I cant get to scrubb off. anyone know if something like a quick detailer from meguiliers or such could take these tiny ****e spots off easier? and how to easily get them off the black plastic parts? I have mothers back to black but that seems to be a not great way to me, used it before and was not excited about it

#3 ·
Been there and done that. Try using a small scrub brush for the fins of the jugs and use a good degreaser/ wax remover with plenty of water handy. I made that mistake last year and still find little spots on the jugs. I feel your pain.

They have come out with this "New" liquid wax that they claim leaves absolutely no residue. Might be trying that one pretty soon. Saw it on tv Saturday and those spots were the first thing that came to mind.

#6 ·
stp1971 said:
They have come out with this "New" liquid wax that they claim leaves absolutely no residue.
Yeah, and I'll sell you some dehydrated water for your next backpack trip, too.

#9 ·
RowdyRed94 said:
Yeah, and I'll sell you some dehydrated water for your next backpack trip, too.
Mequiars car waxes, like Hi Tech #26 Yellow, don't "white" up in the cracks when it dries up. However with spray wax don't spay the bike, spray the rag. That being said get some Q-tips and odd shape round end tools to force into small opening with a rag to get to hard spots, remove the seats and lower fairings and get to the engine parts and frame parts to clean up those areas. And for other hard to reach areas you'll just have to get creative in ways to get a towel or rag in there to remove the wax overspray.

:)

#10 ·
stp1971 said:
Been there and done that. Try using a small scrub brush for the fins of the jugs and use a good degreaser/ wax remover with plenty of water handy. I made that mistake last year and still find little spots on the jugs. I feel your pain.

They have come out with this "New" liquid wax that they claim leaves absolutely no residue. Might be trying that one pretty soon. Saw it on tv Saturday and those spots were the first thing that came to mind.
I bought some of the Turtle wax Ice. It's Synthetic and does well on my truck, even the black plastic trim without turning white. God for all surfaces.

#11 · (Edited)
This stuff works wonders for me :bluethum: :

http://www.autobarn.net/cht-136.html

Key is not to use in direct sunlight. Once you spray it on...you gotta start wiping. I normally spray a small area & start wiping w/a lint free cloth/buff pad. You can also get the same effect by simply spraying it on your cloth/buff pad.

#12 ·
The Back to Black is more of a color restorer than a cleaner (which is what you need).

They had this bike cleaner at the auto parts store I used to work at made by Kit, and it was just called "Bike Cleaner." THey had it on clearance, and I got three bottles for $5 (A STEAL!) Stuff works pretty good.

#14 ·
self car wash took almost all the white dots off, where I knew they were and was heavy with the hose came off completely. simple green, a toothbrush and rag took the rest off, then 2 layers of dupont teflon wax over the whole thing, I might put a different flavor on tonight, just for the heck of it. I like the wax on my paint thick enough to resist scratches, so it will likely get about 18 layers very soon.... anyways the bike is much cleaner and shiney. its a phone picture, but can be seen at

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.