Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's at Fault?

My Bike(s)
    Yamaha Roadliner S

Who's at Fault?

I was checking out this video, as I've been interested in getting a camera to record my trips. It was posted by a user of one of the cameras. They said the car cut them off. I was wondering, if everyone would see this the same way.http://dpil8pjd18z0e.cloudfront.net/...64C0A16FD2EA46

Posted using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by HappyFeet; 12-27-2012 at 09:24 PM.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    99 Suzuki Marauder

Re: Who's at Fault?

That was all the cars fault. The car was at first behind the lead bike, and was all the way on the shoulder to pass him.

Sent by middle finger express

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyFeet View Post
    They said the car cut them off.
    Which part are you talking about ?
    Looks to me like the merge went fine, then the car made an illegal pass on the right.
    That hardly qualifies as "cutting anybody off".
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    99 Suzuki Marauder

Yeah, that was the part I was taking about. The merge went fine, but then the car tried to pass on the shoulder. Funny though, because bikes are usually the ones trying to pass on the shoulder....

Sent by middle finger express

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2007 M50
    Just curious why yesterday and today I can't get the video page? It always says page not found.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QZephyr View Post
    Just curious why yesterday and today I can't get the video page? It always says page not found.
    Failed for me the first time, then I noticed that it needed some editing.
    If you didn't notice the extra http:// at the front, I wonder why it worked at all?

My Bike(s)
    Yamaha Roadliner S

Who's at Fault?

Ok guys, I fixed it. Try it now. Works great now. I goofed, lol.

Posted using Tapatalk HD

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    99 Suzuki Marauder

That's how I got it to work. I took off the extra characters. Thought it was just my tablet going bonkers on me....

Sent via middle finger express delivery

Y2K
    Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    Well I see all kinds of problems with this scene,much caused by idiot #1 on the first Harley and then more by idiot #2 in the car.
    The first bike merged fine with plenty of room,the second (idiot #1) clearly seemed to squeeze and intimidate the car (idiot#2) possibly thinking he had the right of way.
    This group of bikes if riding together probably should have yielded to the car starting with the first lead bike if they wanted to stay together as a unit but since the first bike merged ahead of the car and the second bike didn't have room he should have backed off.
    It looks to me like the car driver tried to move over to the right to get the Harley off his tail,he should have held his/her ground having the right of way instead of moving over.
    Then they passed the first bike on the right,also a bad move and clearly illegal.
    There was plenty of stupid to go around there.
    Being a pro driver I deal with idiots that don't know how to merge on a daily basis and I have to do it in a vehicle that's over 70 ft long which is very slow to slow down speed up or maneuver.
    I often have idiots pass me on the right shoulder,a really bad move as that is not only not a lane and illegal but it's also the "blind side" of the truck and very hard for me to see them in.
    It's one of most truckers biggest pet peeves is traffic that doesn't know how to merge and doesn't seem to know or care that the traffic coming down the freeway or road has the right of way not the traffic merging (in 99% of places).
    You can see how the car when it pulled to the shoulder slowed down probably hoping the bikes would pass but when they didn't sped up quickly and passed the first bike on the right.
    Last edited by Y2K; 12-30-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    I couldn't really see it I will try mozilla firefox. I hate tailgaters, cars should give bikers twice the amount of room than other cars. bikes can obviously stop twice as fast and if the bike falls they will be run over. yeah why not run over some school children next while you are at it.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    wow, that same exact thing happened to me in Tumwater, WA on my way home from church. Some Moron in a Toyota went to turn into a street while I was behind him and pulled a u turn then kept going and almost sideswiped me.

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedbyfourkawiby2 View Post
    cars should give bikers twice the amount of room than other cars.
    bikes can obviously stop twice as fast
    Except at stop lights......where we sometimes need help tripping the magnetic sensors.

Some things that seem obvious are still not true.
    The myth that bikes can stop a LOT shorter than cars is one example.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    1997 BMW R1100RT
    I was just reading an article on stopping distances. They indicated that it takes longer for a motorcycle to stop than a car. More contact surface for stopping makes the difference.

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lighthiker90 View Post
    I was just reading an article on stopping distances. They indicated that it takes longer for a motorcycle to stop than a car. More contact surface for stopping makes the difference.
    Well you can't generalize either way; the answer is not always the same.
    The answer depends on mass versus friction.
    A lighter vehicle will generally stop a bit faster than a heavier one.....but then it depends on the relative amount of rubber on the road along with the weight.

Saying that a bike can "obviously stop twice as fast as a car" is just simply not true.

Driver/rider skill is often a bigger factor than the vehicle in use as reaction time is a big factor.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    ok maybe I was wrong, a 2006 lamborghini Gallardo has a claimed stopping distance of 60-0mph in 108 feet and the 2010 kawasaki zx10 is 60-0mph in 123 feet.

Ads