Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: passing lamps

My Bike(s)
    2004 v star 1100 custom

passing lamps

Hello, I am a newbie to your site. Looks very knowledgable. I just purchased a 04 1100 custom and was wondering, if anyone had comments on the installation of the halegon lamps and mounting kit from yamaha? I have read that they prefer dealer install, but I plan to do it my self. Any tips would be appreciated. Also, I was reading some threads here about ais removal and popping of the pipes. Mine has been doing that too. I will be changing that also. Glad I found your site!!!

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Wide Glide
    How will you be changing the AIS to alleviate the popping?

My Bike(s)
    2004 v star 1100 custom
    How do you suggest to remove it? Can you just disconnect the hoses or should you remove the whole thing?

My Bike(s)
    04 Vstar Classic
    This may help,,,VSTAR Custom

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Wide Glide
    Yep, that's about it. I saw a similiar post with the 1100 model. Removed mine, but still have the pop. Just living with it. Attention getter at stop lights on decel from others.

My Bike(s)
    2003 VStar 650
    I installed a set of passing lamps on a 03 650 it wasn't that bad. the only thing different on the 1100 is the light bar. wiring and the halegon lamps are the same. wire the power wire to the low beam wire in the headlight. they work fine. dealer wants about $130.00 to install

Handlebar Consultant
    My Bike(s)
    2009 V Star 950
    Quote Originally Posted by flemdog View Post
    Hello, I am a newbie to your site. Looks very knowledgable. I just purchased a 04 1100 custom and was wondering, if anyone had comments on the installation of the halegon lamps and mounting kit from yamaha? I have read that they prefer dealer install, but I plan to do it my self. Any tips would be appreciated. Also, I was reading some threads here about ais removal and popping of the pipes. Mine has been doing that too. I will be changing that also. Glad I found your site!!!

I just purchased passing lamps for my V Star 950 and it also recommends dealer installation. If a rider is slightly mechanically incline he/she can install that themselves, there's nothing mystical about installing a passing light bar kit, in fact the directions are pretty clear about it.

My Bike(s)
    08 V Star 650 custom
    I purchased two 55w halogen lights from local parts store, mounted them to the bolts that connect turn signals. Ran wire direct to battery, and placed a fuse link inside of headlight canister. Had to custom mount toggle switch to handlebars. I like the way they look and will post a photo later. I covered wiring as best as I could with corregated wire insulaters and black electricians tape. It's probably is maxing out my electrical system, but I haven't had any adverse reactions with performance yet. Since I have a windshield I had to mount them under the turn signals instead of above, but other than that install went well. They really light up the road, and cages will see you a lot better.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    07 red and black royal star and wife's 07 red&black c50
    i have a royal star tour deluxe and put the extra lights on just take you time and you should be ok i have them hook up to my high beem so i leave the switch at the light on all the time and just use the high beem switch when i want them which it shows you in the instuctions, so then i changed the wife's c50 to do the same. which has worked out good i have had a few car drives in front of me stuffing around not taking care playing with there phone or radio, they must not see one light but when all 3 light up wakes them up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails passing lamps-xx-013.jpg  

Ads