Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Shuh-Awn Too
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50

Question A rehash, but I need clarification.

OK, I did read numerous posts on every question but some things weren't clear.

1. HK 3" big straights WILL mount to a C50, but someone said there is a clearance issue with the driver floorboard. is there a solution to that?

2. HK 3" B.S. aren't listed for the c50. Does that automatically void the warrenty with either the pipes or the bike? (ie. the pipes turn blue in warrenty. Warrenty void because they were on the c50?)

3. The hypercharger is made by kuryakyn, but the adapter is made by thunder mfg? (manufacturer part # if poss) My mech can't get his discount because he can't find the adapter in any of his cataloges. Kuryakyn claims they don't make the hyper for the c50, so they aren't helping.

4. posts from 2005 stated there was no pcIII map for hypercharger/ hk 3" B.S..

Has that changed or will i need a dyno?

reason I have to re-ask this stuff is because my local cycle shop is having a helluva time figuring this stuff out since they deal mostly with Harleys. They are an authorized PCIII dealer which is why i'd have them do every thing to save myself the frustration. But I've spent 2 - 3 weeks between there and online trying to figure everything out. These are the last of my questions. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C50 Silver and Gray
    Try posting your question on Volusiariders.com. You may get better results.
    2006 C50 Silver and gray, Cobra Tall Sissy Bar, K&N Air filter, Suzuki bags, Custom Driver's Back Rest, Memphis Fats 19" windshield with lowers, added a 2nd horn, Power Commander PC3 USB, and Cobra Freeway bars.

Mitch

Shuh-Awn Too
    My Bike(s)
    For the record, I *DID* install the Hypercharger, 3" Big Straights, and a PCIII. Setup works great with a 15% boost in Hp and as loud and perfect as I could have dreamed...

all my above questions have been answered completely except for #1 but a little custom work will solve that.

I took the All Bran Challenge
    My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    15% boost in HP.

Did you dyno the bike?

Shuh-Awn Too
    My Bike(s)
    yup, did a before and after dyno. 41 hp to 47hp. If i remember, i'll post the power curves. I think Arc&Sparks is the person that sent me the PCIII map. I've heard of people with up to 52hp, but i'm not going to do a specialty map at $250 for only 5 more hp.

My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    That is a good gain.

But for 6 HP you spent how much?
    And won't spend $250 for 5 HP.

It looks like $50 per pony is a better deal than what you already spent.

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50-Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by blackie1491 View Post
    That is a good gain.

But for 6 HP you spent how much?
    And won't spend $250 for 5 HP.

It looks like $50 per pony is a better deal than what you already spent.

$1000+ for 15% and just $250 for another 10% for a total of over 25%-huge on a 40 hp bike.

"So long as they don't get violent, I want to let everyone say what they wish, for I myself have always said exactly what pleased me." -- Albert Einstein

2006 M50 Blue, Jardine Slash Cuts w/custom baffles (courtesy of BlueM50Chick), Saddleman Profiler Seat, Memphis Shades Poptop shield, Tour Master saddle and fork bags, Küryakyn Dually ISO-Pegs, Stebel Airhorn.

Shuh-Awn Too
    My Bike(s)
    when you do the math like that, you're right...! But consider this... $6700 for the C50, ~$500 for chrome upgrades, $1100 for pipes, pciii, air kit all installed and then $200 for my new bike servicing.... ALL CASH!!!!! this is my toy that i get to have fun with, but i had to draw a line. $250 more is out of the question for a while.... no matter...

My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    You have just started.

It is called ZukeDuditest.

Should have bought the Blue/Black C50 than you would have the fastest one.

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C50 Silver and Gray
    Quote Originally Posted by ShonR View Post
    For the record, I *DID* install the Hypercharger, 3" Big Straights, and a PCIII. Setup works great with a 15% boost in Hp and as loud and perfect as I could have dreamed...

all my above questions have been answered completely except for #1 but a little custom work will solve that.
    Right on!
    2006 C50 Silver and gray, Cobra Tall Sissy Bar, K&N Air filter, Suzuki bags, Custom Driver's Back Rest, Memphis Fats 19" windshield with lowers, added a 2nd horn, Power Commander PC3 USB, and Cobra Freeway bars.

Mitch

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    boulevard c50
    Its been a while since I posted so one question - the hypercharger: it pushes air through the injectors faster? I've seen something called a power commander. Is that a control for such a thing? I'm guessing that is the pcIII? With the added HP I would imagine it has a bit more pep on the get-go and more snap on the throttle? What does it feel like in comparison to stock?

cheers, Boston

Shuh-Awn Too
    My Bike(s)
    The Hypercharger doesn't actually *push* more air into the injectors. It is designed to *allow* more air to flow. PCIII is the Power Commander III(3). I noticed lots more pep off the lines and in the mid ranges. I'm happy with the increase and it its noticable. Stock miles per tank has been reported to be 200 miles. With the upgrades I have, I'm estimating I still get 160 miles per tank.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    boulevard c50
    thats good mileage. With stock I get about 170kms and the light starts to blink. I have started to put things on mine: a chrome oil cap and engine guards. I will have to check into those PCIII's.

Cheers and thanks, Boston

Ads