Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Seat Tester

Where to find invoice prices?

I just purchased a new 08 C50 and paid 6270 + sales tax (on the road and after all the promos)

How do i know if i got a good deal ?

With cars there are plenty of sites that will let you know just about what the dealer paid.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Black M50
    we just picked up an 08 c50 brand new for $5949 out the door. We now have to pay tax and registration since it was bought out of state. Total for the bike should be $6300 plus some change. As long as you are happy with your ride, then you got a good deal!!

Scott

2007 Black M50 - Cobra Streetrods, Carbon Fiber Trim Kit, Carbon Fiber Tank Bra, Forward Controls & Dropped 2 1/2" - Thanks John, Sylvania Silverstar Headlight, Side Mount Plate, Kuryakyn Mini Bullet Turn Signals, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Clear Fronts, Galfer Stainless Steel front brake line

Seat Tester
    why did you buy out of state ?

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Black M50
    our local dealers wanted msrp for the bikes, I got on the internet and started doing some searching and found a better deal about 1hr 20mins away, so it was a no brainer. I found a really decent dealership, more family like and in a small town - so they were really cool. All the dealerships around here have all the big fancy lighting, ect....wich also means a lot of "overhead". I didn't even try to "haggle" on pricing, I thought what they advertised was really fair, so i just signed the paperwork

Scott

2007 Black M50 - Cobra Streetrods, Carbon Fiber Trim Kit, Carbon Fiber Tank Bra, Forward Controls & Dropped 2 1/2" - Thanks John, Sylvania Silverstar Headlight, Side Mount Plate, Kuryakyn Mini Bullet Turn Signals, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Clear Fronts, Galfer Stainless Steel front brake line

Seat Tester
    Yeah me too.... i didn't want to haggle for $200

But they did sell me a helmet for cost, i got the HJC AC-12 Carbon for $199. Chepest i could find online was 290 or so.

Congrats on the bike how do you like it ?

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad

Invoice pricing

Quote Originally Posted by lowspeed View Post
    I just purchased a new 08 C50 and paid 6270 + sales tax (on the road and after all the promos)

How do i know if i got a good deal ?

With cars there are plenty of sites that will let you know just about what the dealer paid.
    I too wonder if their is someplace to find invoice pricing. I never found anything but I do have a friend who is an Engineer for Honda. For a '07 Honda Shadow (750) the price he could get me was $1,000 off the $6,899 for which the bike was priced. I can only assume that this price was about as close to invoice as you can get.

The tag on my '07 M50 was for $6,799 and I paid $5700 including tax, tag, and title. I got it in Feb '08 so I'm sure they wanted to get rid of the '07's. Did I get a good deal? In my mind I think I did and that's really all that counts.

My wife has a Honda Pilot, I drive a Honda Ridgeline, and I'm a huge Honda fan but I passed on the Shadow because I felt the M50 was a better bike. My next bike will more than likely be a Goldwing though.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". George Santayana

Ads