Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Boulevard C50 Silver/Black

Smile Lay Down license plate bracket, suggestions?

Hi again everyone! I've been sittin' here in the cold of Upstate NY dreamin' of riding again some day. Got a little suzukitis and I'm thinking of buying a "lay down" license plate bracket for my 2005 C50 ... but, I want to use the original OEM fender holes for the original bracket (aka, I'm not willing to drill new holes in me fender mateys). Is there such a bracket out there for the C50? If anyone knows of it I would appreciate any info. regarding manufacturer and where to procure one. Thanks in advance for any and all responses .... aaarrrgggghhhh !!
    Positive Vibrations !!

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Morgan View Post
    Hi again everyone! I've been sittin' here in the cold of Upstate NY dreamin' of riding again some day. Got a little suzukitis and I'm thinking of buying a "lay down" license plate bracket for my 2005 C50 ... but, I want to use the original OEM fender holes for the original bracket (aka, I'm not willing to drill new holes in me fender mateys). Is there such a bracket out there for the C50? If anyone knows of it I would appreciate any info. regarding manufacturer and where to procure one. Thanks in advance for any and all responses .... aaarrrgggghhhh !!
    I was going to do the plate laydown mod myself. All you need to do is disassemble the factory bracket and then drill two holes in the plate bracket itself that will line up with existing holes. Below are instructions

Instructions here

Instead, I went with the plate drop mod...(click for larger)

I invite you to check out Volusia Riders/ as they have lots of info on all things VL800/C50. I found them through a link here on motorcycle-journal awhile back and spend my morning researching new ideas

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Boulevard C50 Silver/Black
    Hmmm ... interesting mod, and it looks good too. I want to be super lazy though, I was hoping that by now a manufacturer like Kuryakyn (sp?) or others would have a "lay down bracket" that matches the C50 OEM mounting holes. I have done some searching, but I wanted to double check here. Apparently there is not a "straight up" accessory to lay down the plate. Thanks for your reply, I will contem"plate" (pun intended) that mod. And thanks for the links. I am a subscriber to Volusia Riders forum, just always like to post here for some reason. I thinks it's the dark colors over there at Volusia!!
    Positive Vibrations !!

Ads