Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50

vista cruise for c50

Can someone please tell me whats involved mounting vista cruise to my C50? Am I going to make trouble for myself if I attempt it, as Ive never seen one in operation, but have problems as I know a lot of us do, with tingling in my thumb and fore fingers. Thanks, as usual, guys and ladys.
    Fly on Free Bird

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Throttle Jockey
    My Bike(s)
    '05 Boulevard C50
    If you're having tingling fingers, you may want to check your grip strength as you're riding. A "death grip" is fairly common, and easily remedied by being aware of it and consciously relaxing a bit. Throttle locks and similar items can be nice for highway riding, but you won't get much use in town. Gel palm gloves can also absorb some vibration / buzz.

The Vista Cruise install looks pretty straight forward:
    http://www.casporttouring.com/thestore/prods/16021.html
    Tim Wisner AMA, SCRC

Happiness is something we create

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    05' C50
    I have a vista cruise and I prety much only use it if I'm doing a lot of highway driving. 100 miles or more I may use it once or twice to give my hand a rest. But its nice to have. There prety easy to install. The way you want to line it up before you clamp it down is you want it rotated so the trigger is pointing toward you. If its sticking up in the air its really hard to use, I found out from trial and error. There is a metal bar that connects the handle bar clamp to the grip clamp and I have that positioned between my hazzard switch and my engine cut off switch.

The hardest part about it is installing the rubber gasket in the clamping ring that grabs the grip. Just use a little flat head screw driver to wiggle it into place and its not to bad. You also need to adjust the tension. If you don't have enough the cruise will vibrate loose and wont hold its speed. And if its too tight it will be a little difficult to use. Once its clamped on you will still want to be able to rotate the grip if you want to give it a little more gas.

I only use mine when I ride alone or to give my hand a little rest. I used it once following behind a friend of mine and I accidentally rode up on him prety close and had a moment when I forgot how to disengage it. So make sure to practise with it a little.
    ]

Ads