Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

suzuki c90t or Kawaski 1600 nomad....help please

I was looking to get back on the road originally with a Yamaha Roadstar but finally decided to make the switch to liquid cooling & shaft drive. Now its down to the Nomad or c90t. Most commutes are 15-20 miles. Ergonomically either bike fits. Just trying to find out about each bikes history & reliablities. Iam looking forward to long time riders offering their advice. Thanks & ride safely.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    07 Vulcan 1600 Classic
    My dad has a C90T and I have a 1600 classic, there's not a hairs difference in the two bikes. Having said that the C90t is limited on fuel but you can get the G-man aux tank and fix that little problem. Either way you will not be disappointed.
    I believe that sex is the most beautiful, wholesome, natural thing money can buy.Steve Martin

I have asked the Suzuki dealers about a way to enlarge the tank capactiy from its 3.7, under the seat tank, and none of them have mentioned any solutiions. I will definetly look into your seggestion... Thanks again....

My Bike(s)
    '07 1600 Nomad
    I hope you plan to do more riding than just a 15-20 mile commute? I can't speak for the C90, but the Nomad is made to go the distance. I do 250-300 day rides all the time. I'll be happy to answer any questions you've got about the Nomad.

Thanks for the response and the positive input about the Nomad. The 20-30 mile commute is only for work. The fun rides are always planned for long distances, i.e over the mountain passes etc.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    2004 kawasaki zzr 600
    frostbitevinnie has a C90 and the g-man aux tank if you have questions about that

My Bike(s)
    '07 1600 Nomad
    I bought my 07 Nomad on September 30 last year and am just shy of 15,000 miles on it. I took a 2000 miles road trip last month up through Utah and loved every mile of it...well, I did once I got out of the desert and into the mountains.

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Boulevard C50 2008 Nomad 1600
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusjack View Post
    I hope you plan to do more riding than just a 15-20 mile commute? I can't speak for the C90, but the Nomad is made to go the distance. I do 250-300 day rides all the time. I'll be happy to answer any questions you've got about the Nomad.
    Hi Cactusjack, where can I download a 1600 Nomad owner's manual?
    Thanx.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Nomad, rider of the ancient east
    Nomad, rider that men know the least
    Nomad, where you come from no one knows
    Nomad, where you go to no one tells
    [by Iron Maiden]

Greetings...both are nice bikes, but you mentioned you wanted liquid cooling....The C90 does not have a liquid ethylene glycol/water coolant system like the Nomad...the C90 is air/oil cooled-the small radiator on the front of the bike is an oil cooler, not a coolant radiator. That said, the word I've gotten is that even though it's air-cooled, the C90 engine is pretty bulletproof.

The others are right...3.7 gallons is not much for a bike of this size, but there are alternatives, including the G-Man auxiliary tank:

GMan Industries | Built By Bikers For Bikers | - Suzuki C90 Boulevard - 2.0 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank

and the Tour Tank:

Tour Tank Order Page

Here is a forum pertaining to the C90 and other Suzuki cruisers...you might want to have a look:

IntruderAlert Cafe

The Nomad, in my mind, is set up for touring from the git-go and does not require a larger tank or bags or anything else. The C90T's bags are non-lockable leather, while the Nomad's are locking hard shell. The C90T is less expensive (I recently saw one new in the dealer for about $9500), but requires some tweaking to make it tour-ready. I've read several reports that the C90's hydraulic clutch is also a little grabby and does not have much friction zone, but that's a matter that can be accommodated for by learning your bike.

Both are good long distance haulers. I don't know if I'd want to be buzzing around town on them, however...would personally rather ride a smaller bike (Honda Nighthawk CB750 or something similar) or even a maxi scooter like the Yamaha T-Max or Suzuki Burgman...just a personal opinion-don't like lugging all that bulk around the inner city when something smaller will do the job...JMHO...

Good luck with your choice! Let us know what you decide...

Bob
    Last edited by gumshoe4; 02-08-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard C90T

My Goal

Hi Welcome my friend..thank's for viewing Jet(C90T)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Y2Q5iMrKY

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C50C Pearl White & Ghost Flames
    The C90 is fuel deficient. Crappy range. OK, so Gman makes a tank, but you have to change the exhaust also. Serious design flaw to have a bike with such a small gas tank.

The Nomad is far better right out of the box. Crash bars, psgr hand grips, double helmet locks, hard bags - locking - bigger- make it a better package.

just my 2 rubles

Ads