Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Everything VMax

My Bike(s)
    05 Wing & 86 Vmax

Everything VMax

I am a new Vmax owner and am trying to find out as much about a Vmax as possible. I need to know about Part, Mods, tech problems, suspension issues, frame flex, engine power and mods, tires, etc. Is there forums with this info or sites that have different Vmax info. Any Information is appreciated. The bike that I have is a 1986 model. How can I determine how much difference between it and the newer ones?

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    A google search reveals many V-max specific forums. We don't have many owners here, unfortunately.
    'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

Quote Originally Posted by troycurtis View Post
    I am a new Vmax owner and am trying to find out as much about a Vmax as possible. I need to know about Part, Mods, tech problems, suspension issues, frame flex, engine power and mods, tires, etc. Is there forums with this info or sites that have different Vmax info. Any Information is appreciated. The bike that I have is a 1986 model. How can I determine how much difference between it and the newer ones?
    This is the best VMax-specific forum I have found. A little searching before you ask goes a long way. Good luck!

http://www.vmaxforum.net/index.php

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    02 Yamaha Warrior
    Not sure about the older ones, but the 09's are pushing 204 hp. That's a hella lot of HP for a bike.

As mentioned above, do a google, you will find what you are looking for.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Stratoliner S
    i had a 98 V-Max and was told it had 148 hp. I have also read that it had 135 hp. It was so much power that it scared me so it really didn't make much difference what it really was. It was a fun bike but please be careful. Mr Max can get out of hand really quick and don't ever go over the handle bar to get more twist on the accelerator.
    Don't ask how I know this. It will hit the rev limiter before you can let off so if you ever do it, make sure there is nothing in front of you for a half a mile or so. You will end up with a story that will take about 15 min to tell and it all happens in about 3 seconds.
    Jim

Top Gear ! Full Throttle!
    My Bike(s)
    '06 M50 Black
    This is one SICK Bike!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This media file is hosted outside Motorcycle-Journal forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Ads