Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Royal Star

Royal Star

Who's got one, and how do you like it?
    My buddy has one, it sure looks comfy on those long rides, not to sure about local scoots though. I've only been riding a year,(about 4,000 miles under the belt) on a suzuki s-50 (intruder) not sure how well i'd handle that big bike at stop lights and tight manuevers.
    Local dealer has a new '07 model marked down to $12,000, and talks like he'll knock a little off that.
    Sounds like a great deal, if the payment terms are good, and he'll take mine on trade, I may be ridin' that thing soon.
    May ride the friends first to see how it feels.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Guess I should add, i'm 5' 11", 195 lbs.
    err... 45 years old..., I break alot easier than I used to.

My Bike(s)
    2003 Magna, 1996 Royal Star TD, 2002 ST1100
    Quote Originally Posted by randy grider View Post
    Who's got one, and how do you like it?
    My buddy has one, it sure looks comfy on those long rides, not to sure about local scoots though. I've only been riding a year,(about 4,000 miles under the belt) on a suzuki s-50 (intruder) not sure how well i'd handle that big bike at stop lights and tight manuevers.
    Local dealer has a new '07 model marked down to $12,000, and talks like he'll knock a little off that.
    Sounds like a great deal, if the payment terms are good, and he'll take mine on trade, I may be ridin' that thing soon.
    May ride the friends first to see how it feels.

My Bike(s)
    2003 Magna, 1996 Royal Star TD, 2002 ST1100
    Understand the Royal Star is a Double Overhead Cam watercooled V4 that likes to rev and has power. This is not a slow reving V Twin. This is a real motor. Newer models have 100 hp and the earlier models have 74hp. Not a slow Harley.

I have the first year '96 Tour Classic, then added a tour pack and now a Batwing fairing. Gas mileage depends on your right hand. I can get as high as 55mpg and as low as 38mpg, all on the same day. Big comfy and heavy. Good for two up or one up touring, highway blitzing or back road cruising.

If anyone is thinking about adding a Memphis Shades batwing fairing let me know and I'll tell you what to do. Since Memphis Shades they aren't interested in offering this for the Royal Star, I decline to post the instructions online.

My Bike(s)
    1996 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic; Honda Magna;1996 suzuki bandit 1200s
    I ride a 96 Tour Classic. I love it. Not the acceleration that I would really enjoy, but plenty for normal riding. And she will run 75-80mph at low rpm's and purr like a kitten. most of my riding is in town and I have not found it too heavy to hold and maneuver. I believe that the bike will last forever. most of my riding is in town, it is not too heavy to move around. I am 5'10, 180lbs.

Ads