Rode my first 1400 today... wow...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50-Black

Rode my first 1400 today... wow...

My buddy has a bike shop. He has a 2000 1400 Intruder for sale that sat up for a long, long time. They put gas and Seafoam in it and got it to start, but it was obvious that the carbs would need some work. However, I told him that I would take it on a longish ride just to see what might happen.

What a rush... man does that baby PULL. I ran it for about an hour on the interstate at 80+. It ran tons better. After letting it sit, it started right up, which had not been happening.

All in all, I'm very glad I rode it. I always wanted one, but they are just too small for me. Now I want one again... with different bars and forward controls.

I wonder if I can get three bikes in the garage...
    Paul
    2006 M50 Black... Roadburner 2.5 in Street Pro exhaust in black ceramic, Saddleman Explorer seat, first gen Shapemaster chin spoiler, blacked out dash and air intake, John's forward control kit, Memphis Shades Hellcat windshield, Kuryakyn Dually Iso pegs
    2001 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer 1100... Memphis Shades fairing, trunk, factory hard bags, Mustang Wide Touring seat and pillion, Protec driver's backrest, modified exhaust, J&M CB

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '06 Harley Street Bob
    You can always get more bikes in the garage. You may have to get rid of a few less important things like the washer, the car, etc.

My Bike(s)
    1995 Suzuki 1400 Intruder
    I really enjoy mine! I wanted one when they first came out, and finally was able to get one while I was deployed to Africa. Craigslist is a wonderful thing!
    I put a different set of bars on mine and that was a huge improvement over the stock buck horns. The bike makes good power, and will throw me off, if I'm not paying attention to the throttle...It is a bit small for me at 6'1, and 230 lbs, but it is the best bike I can afford right now.
    Other than a few repair items that it needs, as it is only showing 26K miles, I plan on keeping it for quite a while.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    05 Suzuki Boulevard S83 (Intruder 1400)
    I would love to find one of these! I fell in love with them when I was younger and saw that 1987 Suzuki Commercial.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2016 Suzuki C90T BOSS
    They are beautiful bikes. Allot of juice for such a light bike, so ya, it will have balls when you hit the throttle.

Look at some of the pictures in google and allot of people have done exceptional mods to this machine to really bring out the look that really isn't traditional Suzuki.

And to answer your question, there is ALWAYS room in the garage for another bike!

My Bike(s)
    1999 VS800 Intruder
    You do know the 800 is quicker in the 1/4 mile.

There's always room in the garage for one more!

Sponsored Links