2006 Boulevard S40
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Newbie
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14

    2006 Boulevard S40

    I bought this bike last September and am ready to go bigger, so this bike must go first. Has full factory warranty, and first service was completed at 600 miles. Most of the 1332 currently on the odometer miles were used commuting on the highway to work last fall. I consistently got around 55 MPG. Has Autometer 2 5/8" tachometer installed (not the prettiest installation, but it works and I can remove it if desired). Only flaw is a small area on the lower part of the muffler where a friend wanted to help me out by taking a brillo pad to a mark on the chrome. Asking $3,700. Bike is located in Southern Maryland. Post or PM and questions.
    Last edited by Stephen Soulsby; 02-14-2006 at 07:30 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Newbie
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14
    A few more pics.

  4. #3
    Birthday Boy
    My Bike(s)
    '05½ C50 Limited
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Soulsby
    I bought this bike last September and am ready to go bigger, so this bike must go first. Has full factory warranty, and first service was completed at 600 miles. Most of the 1332 currently on the odometer miles were used commuting on the highway to work last fall. I consistently got around 55 MPG. Has Autometer 2 5/8" tachometer installed (not the prettiest installation, but it works and I can remove it if desired). Only flaw is a small area on the lower part of the muffler where a friend wanted to help me out by taking a brillo pad to a mark on the chrome. Asking $3,700. Bike is located in Southern Maryland. Post or PM and questions.

    Damn ... I wish I knew someone around looking for a bike ... that's a nice bike .. and a fair price!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Throttle Jockey
    My Bike(s)
    '05 Boulevard C50
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,189
    The LS 650 Savage / S40 Boulevard is a great bike - you should be able to get your price easily when the sun starts to shine!
    Tim Wisner AMA, SCRC

    Happiness is something we create

  7. #5
    Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Still under consideration
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    88
    If only the bike were closer...
    -Joel
    mmMMmmMMmm.... tasty!!!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )<-- This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

  8. #6
    May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia
    Posts
    7,992
    I saw a savage 2004 model sitting in a pawn shop and they were asking $3900.00 for it. It had less than 2000 miles on it. I want to say it had 1800 and some change on it. "J" says it fits her good,, would be a good bike for her to learn on. Hmmmm...... maybe when we get her outa debt.
    No Signature needed.

  9. #7
    Dogs Best Friend(admin)
    My Bike(s)
    SOLD
    Location
    Moncton NB Canada
    Posts
    9,643
    Here's my flawed logic. Say, she's $2000 in debt. It takes you 6 months to get her out of debt - down to zero. Get her a S40 then for a higher price , say, $4500. She is then back to $4500.

    Get her the sweet deal now and in 6 months she'd be in for $3900.

    Advice - Get her the bike!

  10. #8
    May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia
    Posts
    7,992
    What is the book value on a 2004 Savage????
    No Signature needed.

  11. #9
    Throttle Jockey
    My Bike(s)
    05 M50, 06 CBR600F4i
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    3,120
    Quote Originally Posted by stp1971
    What is the book value on a 2004 Savage????
    Here ya go:

    http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.m...13030;;;;&&&&&

  12. #10
    Dogs Best Friend(admin)
    My Bike(s)
    SOLD
    Location
    Moncton NB Canada
    Posts
    9,643
    $3900 seems a bit steep.

  13. #11
    May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia
    Posts
    7,992
    Thanks!!! I thought it was high when I looked at it. I will keep looking but I think the 650G will be the bike she will learn on. I figure if Doug can learn on it she can too.
    No Signature needed.

  14. #12
    Throttle Jockey
    My Bike(s)
    '05 Boulevard C50
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by stp1971
    I saw a savage 2004 model sitting in a pawn shop and they were asking $3900.00 for it. It had less than 2000 miles on it. I want to say it had 1800 and some change on it. "J" says it fits her good,, would be a good bike for her to learn on. Hmmmm...... maybe when we get her outa debt.
    You can get a new one for that money, the MSRP is $4399
    Tim Wisner AMA, SCRC

    Happiness is something we create

  15. #13
    May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia
    Posts
    7,992
    I told her that the bike in the pawn shop was too high and that we need to wait. She saw a Ripley bike the other day and liked it. The part she liked about it was it is an automatic. Not so sure about the automatic feature and whether it will work well or not. It was a little steep for that bike though. It looked almost antique looking.
    No Signature needed.

  16. #14
    Newbie
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14
    Still for sale...

  17. #15
    Throttle Jockey
    My Bike(s)
    '05 Boulevard C50
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by trappercase
    Here's my flawed logic. Say, she's $2000 in debt. It takes you 6 months to get her out of debt - down to zero. Get her a S40 then for a higher price , say, $4500. She is then back to $4500.

    Get her the sweet deal now and in 6 months she'd be in for $3900.

    Advice - Get her the bike!
    Your logic may be questionable, but the conclusion is solid!
    Tim Wisner AMA, SCRC

    Happiness is something we create


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C90T Back fire
    By Dan Janousek in forum Cruisers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
  2. Removable Sissy Bar For 2006 Boulevard C50.
    By bman46 in forum Cruisers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 09:43 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 09:53 AM
  4. SADDLE FOR Boulevard C90T 2006/2005
    By PENJO in forum Gear, Parts and Accessories Buy / Sell / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 10:39 AM
  5. New 2006 Boulevard, its mine
    By smoothride in forum Cruisers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 08:14 PM

Search tags for this page

06 ls650 blvd
,
06 suzuki boulevard s40 mpg
,
2006 suzuki boulevard
,
2008 suzuki boulevard s40
,
boulevard s-40 2006
,
boulevard s40
,
s40 boulevard
,
sissy bar s40
,

suzuki boulevard s40

,
suzuki boulevard s40 pictures
Click on a term to search for related topics.