Fitted New Tires on the R1200GS last evening
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Last evening as I arrived home via my afternoon commute; the farkle fairy dropped off a new set of tires for R1200GS Adventure.

4 weeks ago I fitted new Metzeler Tourance's to the R1200GS just before rolling out on Ride-About 2008. With 7000 miles of road trip and another 1000 miles locally since returning to FlatLand; She was ready for a new pair of shoes.

I decided to try a different type of tire this go round so I ordered Metzeler Roadtec Z6's from Southwest Moto-Tire. No shipping or Tax and a couple of days had them at the door.

After fitting, I balanced them using the Marc Parnes Static Balancer, then I installed Ride-On TPS as I always do to insure the tires remain hydrostatically balanced, run cooler with no air leaching and industry leading puncture protection.

The Roadtec-Z6 is a Street Sport/Touring Tire where the Tourance is a Street/Trail tire.

Once fitting was complete, I headed out to my favorite strip of Sugar Sand along a roadside near the Casa and plowed through it several times to scrub away all of the remaining mold release thus making the tires safe for normal street riding.

First impressions of the Roadtec Z6 are all positive. The GS feels firmly planted with outstanding traction and handling.

I decided to try the Roadtec's as I'm going through Tourance Rear Tires at an expensive rate, so I'm looking for better mileage with these.

Hey, What Lady doesn't like a new pair of shoes?

LATER

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Saturday Night I rolled south the St. Pete and the Biff-Burger Bike Night where I met a new vendor last weekend.

He has a roll around Nitrogen system.

$20.00 per Bike.

He attaches a line to the valve stem and a vacuum pump draws out Ox and pushes back Nitrogen till the system detects no more Ox, then runs the pressure up to the manufacturers recommended pressure.

He said if it loses ant pressure he'll top it off for the life of the tires.

I road home the thirty or so miles and the tires were noticeably cooler to the touch.

Time will tell how it works off.

Later

Sponsored Links