M50?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: M50?

M50?

Time for my mid...no, late life crisis. Have not ridden in 25 years, but used to ride all the time. Hondas, Kawasakis, BMW. I am looking at the M50, Honda Aero 750 and Yamaha VStar (650). Leaning towards the M50 at this point. Convince me it is the right choice. Please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    Go for it, I just did that very same thing after 25 years and got an m50 and I am glad I did, love the bike and its great to be riding again.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Limited Edition C50
    I think there are a lot of us going through "late life crisis", I know I did. I also decided to get back in the saddle after about 25 years. I think any of the bikes you have been looking at would be fine. I got my C50LE in May 2005 and have had no regrets. All of the boulevards are great bikes and I think you will really enjoy the M50. Welcome back.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    2002 Honda 919
    When I was looking at buying I also checked out the Honda and Yamaha alternatives. In my mind I quickly ruled out the V-star, primarily because it was just a bit down on power from the others. The bike only runs 15.5 in the quarter mile, and being a person who's had some decent sized bikes I wanted something that would at least hit the mid 14's (mustang GT territory). I picked the M over the Honda because A. it's fuel injected (which is AWESOME- just turn the key, hit the starter button, and go) B. it makes more power (45 hp and 47 lbft of torque I believe) C. I really dug the blacked out styling D. It isn't a Harley clone. The only downside I can see is that there is still more accessory options for the Honda and Yamahog (although the Suzuki is catching up). Hope this helps!
    Life's short and hard, like a body building elf.

Sponsored Links