Numb Right Thumb and fingers - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks, Buster,
    Man would I like to ride in Scotland and see the country!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Baft Dastard
    My Bike(s)
    M800 Intruder (M50 Boulevard)
    I'm sure you'd love it, the balmy summer breeze, open roads, sheep sh1t, etc.
    However today.. August 8th it is 10 deg/C, 35MPH winds and absolutely Spankning down with rain...
    To use a colloquialism.. "It is B4st4rd Baltic!"

But Still, I am riding

Here in Texas, we seem to have just finished the wettest summer for a long time. We had rain, sometimes flooding rains, almost everyday for the first 2 months of summer, which is VERY unusual for us. By this time of year, the grass is usually straw colored, dry, and brittle, but this year, I've got to mow just about every 5 days! It did, however, keep the temps down about 15 F lower than the normal highs for the day, and we have yet to hit 100F which we usually hit sometime in May.
    I dont trust my riding skills enough yet to ride in the torrents of rain that we have had, but as I say, it seems to have abated!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Throttle rocker is where it's at, the throttle lock is actually a type of "cruise" control for the bike kinda dangerous in an emergency. I would recommended the throttle rocker it attaches to the grip by a piece of hook and loop Velcro. Works great for me on long rides.

Top Gear ! Full Throttle!
    My Bike(s)
    '06 M50 Black
    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    I use Throttle Rockers on long rides. Effective and inexpensive.

Throttle Rocker : Motorcycle Accessories

Ok, new problem- I felt the same thing while driving my car on Saturday.. So it isn't the vibrations doing it. It has to be CTS or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
    I see a lot of risers, aome bring the bars back closer to the rider (pullback risers?) and was wondering if anyone had used this as a solution. That or tried bars with a totally different shape to change the angle your hands grip the bars. Is there any site that works out the geometry of riding to find out what position would be most 'ergonaumic' for the rider??
    Thanks again, doug

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    BCblvd.
    I also have had risers for some time now....long before my ISO grips..... They made vibration slightly worse on my C50.

The old handlebar riser was held only in a solid rubber bushing...but I found that the base of the new riser is so large that it comes up hard on the triple tee when you bolt it down. I think that allowed more vibration to come thru.
    It is not terrible...but that is when I really started seeing blurry mirrors.

Annie
    Ride long and prosper !

Greetings,
    At the risk of flogging a dead horse, as I have seen this original question on several threads here.
    My numbness is resolved, and I guess it is to an extent alot of the advice I got here.
    Yesterday, I took a nearly 200 mile ride, just to see how it felt. I rode alone, thru some of the small towns in this area. About 20 minutes into the ride, I noticed the numbness beginning again. I eased up on the grips (Throttle mostly) and used the throttle boss for repositioning from time to time. In no time the numbness had resolved! Now, instead of Carpal Tunnel Syndrom, I attribute most of my problems to my near death-grip on the throttle.
    BTW Tallannie, I love my ISO's and really like your risers. I think they will go on my list of wants/needs, as I am still working out the ergonaomics to make the bike fit me better. I see that may take some time.
    I am now, no longer fearful of taking a trip on the bike - I eagerly await it!
    doug

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki LC 1500 and 2005 Honda VTX1300
    Quote Originally Posted by BCblvd View Post
    Greetings,
    At the risk of flogging a dead horse, as I have seen this original question on several threads here.
    My numbness is resolved, and I guess it is to an extent alot of the advice I got here.
    Yesterday, I took a nearly 200 mile ride, just to see how it felt. I rode alone, thru some of the small towns in this area. About 20 minutes into the ride, I noticed the numbness beginning again. I eased up on the grips (Throttle mostly) and used the throttle boss for repositioning from time to time. In no time the numbness had resolved! Now, instead of Carpal Tunnel Syndrom, I attribute most of my problems to my near death-grip on the throttle.
    BTW Tallannie, I love my ISO's and really like your risers. I think they will go on my list of wants/needs, as I am still working out the ergonaomics to make the bike fit me better. I see that may take some time.
    I am now, no longer fearful of taking a trip on the bike - I eagerly await it!
    doug
    Well that great. Now ride up yo Rhode and we'll go riding to New Hamphire next weekend to look at the trees change colors.
    Back in the saddle again

Hey Carlos,
    I would have to go up north, definitely to see that... It was a hot 90 degrees here today, with no cooling off in sight! We only have at most about 3 months of coolness around here - winter. The rest of the time is pretty much like your summers, or hotter! If the trees change colors, it due to them dying from lack of h2o ;o)
    doug

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki LC 1500 and 2005 Honda VTX1300
    You know we're never happy with the weather we have. But I'm happy that you solved your problem.
    Back in the saddle again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links