Motorcycle Forum banner

Saddlebag installation question

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  _AL_ 
#1 ·
Hello guys!
Here I have a little dilemma. I’ve got a set of nice Bolt-on Viking saddle bags. They came with a mounting hardware that is simply powder coated steel. I was giving a thought of getting quick release brackets that are now available from two different places like Ghost Brackets from Viking Bags and Easy Brackets from Cruiser Customizer. They sell for about $150 a set. I read some reviews on those and most of them are good reviews, but some reviewers expressed their concern with these brackets making the bags stick out to far.

So, here is my question – is it worth to spend $150 on quick release brackets and does anyone knows any alternatives to these brackets?

#2 ·
I would think the worthiness of it would be in how often you will take the bags off and on. I used to want easy brackets but now that I thnk about it, I have nowhere to safely, quickly and easily store the bags, so I'd probably just leave mine on when I get them and forego the easy brackets. I don't like the look of saddle bags, but it would be a relatively small price to pay for the convenience of them.

#3 ·
I use a set of fixed brackets, cause I really don't want to worry about removing brackets or not. I really think it deppends on what you really want. I want to ride my bike and be able to carry saddle bags only to the hotel. That's it.

Whenever I'm off the bike, the brackets are there. At least they're chromed. Not the finest look, but it won't hurt that bad either !

Here's a sample of it: fixed brackets

Not what you want, maybe. But they keep saddle bags away from the bike and don't really look too bad when exposed.

Anyway, to look good is opposed do confort, isn't it ? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.