Any Other New C109R Owners?? - Page 15
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    C109RT
    Quote Originally Posted by openroad View Post
    Bought new C109RT on Friday. Yesterday was the maiden voyage (600kms). Was a bit
    nervous on some tight curves because of the weight, but bike is easy to adapt to. One flaw ... bike leans way too much on the kickstand ... Suggestions?
    Thx
    Openroad
    Congrats on your new bike!

Have any questions just ask.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    08 Suzuki C109RT
    Have any of you guys thought of doing a mod to correct the "short" kickstand? I'm currently thinking of one myself.
    later on,
    Skip D

My Bike(s)
    C109R

Getting mine today

Hi guys. I am picking up my C109R today. A shop here had one '08 hold over left so I snagged it. Picking it up today at 4pm. Funny how the clock slows down when you are glancing at it every 5 minutes!

I'd love to hear any suggestions/experiences anyone wants to share. This bike looks amazing to me. Been riding a long time and just turned 40. I think this will be the perfect fit for me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    Boulevard C109RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfoot View Post
    Hi guys. I am picking up my C109R today. A shop here had one '08 hold over left so I snagged it. Picking it up today at 4pm. Funny how the clock slows down when you are glancing at it every 5 minutes!

I'd love to hear any suggestions/experiences anyone wants to share. This bike looks amazing to me. Been riding a long time and just turned 40. I think this will be the perfect fit for me.

There's tons to learn and read here.
    Feel free to sift through it all and ask questions as you have them.

It's a very knowledgeable bunch!
    Don

08 Boulevard C109RT
    Blue - the fastest color
    Calgary Canada

My Bike(s)
    C109R
    Well I've read quite a few posts all over the forums about the best way to get the tank stickers off, but I figured since I own a C now I would come ask you guys what you would suggest. Sounds like I have quite a chore ahead of me.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    Boulevard C109RT
    Took me 20 minutes
    Heat gun, followed up with a little WD 40 or Goo-Gone to remove adhesive you miss
    Don

08 Boulevard C109RT
    Blue - the fastest color
    Calgary Canada

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    C109RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfoot View Post
    Well I've read quite a few posts all over the forums about the best way to get the tank stickers off, but I figured since I own a C now I would come ask you guys what you would suggest. Sounds like I have quite a chore ahead of me.
    Check out my Blog which will give you tons of info based on my experiences with my C109RT since may 2008.
    GMan Industries | Built By Bikers For Bikers |

If you have specifics just ask, there are many of us with miles under our belt on the C109R....She's one greatbike!!!!

My Bike(s)
    c109
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    I just bought a new C109R two days ago and I love it. Fantastic bike. Just looking to see if there are any other C109R owners out there seeing the bike is so new.

My dealer said he thought I was one of the first on the East Coast to buy one!
    skipper , iam focus and i dont know how to youse this or a coputer properly, how ever i do allso have a c109r 2008 model and i have had it for nearly 1 year, probs ifound so far are checking oil procedure is a nigt mare you can never check the oil properly, i recomend after each ride turn it of for two min siton the bke keep upright take dip stik out clean put in then re check.
    i allso have a vibration problem mainly 4+5 gears, so iver gear or shaft could bethe problem there
    fuel capyouse to leak , but i think thats right know
    appart from the minor problems ive clocked over 10.000 kms and love it re gards focus

My Bike(s)
    2009 C109R

Waiting for spring

Just finished the buy on a black c109r. She is being stored at the dealer till spring, as here in Ontario no riding through the snowy winter. Looking for things to add over this winter to the bike.

My Bike(s)
    c109r
    Just thought I'd share this bit of disappointing news with the rest of you c109 owners. I've been waiting since April of 08 for Vance and Hines to put out an exhaust system for my ride and found out last week after talking with them that there hasn't been enough interest for them to bother making up a template. Talk about a kick in the ass! The rest of the Loudass crap on the market doesn't interest me even a little bit.

Banned
    Stock pipes just fine for me. I hate loud noise on a long trips.

I also wonder if Gman can produce something like this for C109. I've seen it at m109 forum.
    Last edited by Warden; 07-02-2010 at 10:36 PM.

My Bike(s)
    2008 C109R

New C109 owner

I am new to the C 109R. Owned ModelF1800 Honda, ModelC 1800 Honda, Harley Wide Glide softtail, hertage etc.. Not new to Large Bikes but new to the C109R. So far so good. Getting used to Floorboards. Lots of Smooth usable torque. Better out of the box than any of my past HD's 175 miles and adding at this point. I'll let you know how it goes!

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    Boulevard C109RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshrek View Post
    Better out of the box than any of my past HD's 175 miles and adding at this point. I'll let you know how it goes!
    LOL
    That should go without saying!

Welcome to the board!
    Don

08 Boulevard C109RT
    Blue - the fastest color
    Calgary Canada

My Bike(s)
    2009 C109RT

New to Board

Picking up a new Red / Black 2009. Bought from Cycle World in New Jersey. Those guys like to deal. Half the price that they want in Canada. Check them out on Ebay. Can't wait til spring to get that baby moving.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    09 Suzuki C109R
    Quote Originally Posted by Enginemaker View Post
    Picking up a new Red / Black 2009. Bought from Cycle World in New Jersey. Those guys like to deal. Half the price that they want in Canada. Check them out on Ebay. Can't wait til spring to get that baby moving.
    Congrats on the new 109. They really like to go fast. Takes a little getting used to the cornering with all the weight. Won't be long tho and you will be scraping the boards!!
    J.D.

Sponsored Links