Any Other New C109R Owners?? - Page 17
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    In Training
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C109R
    @ Hammie - You're not going to find a lot of action for the bigger Boulevards on this forum. Here is a link to the the C109 discussions in the forums at m109riders.com: C109Riders There is a ton of good information there and Gman is a regular (his products rock, btw).

The quick answer about the surging is it's caused by the bike having retarded timing and running very lean, especially in the lower gears. The combination of a TRE and a fuel processor (like The Bully) helps a lot. The TRE fools the computer into thinking you're in 4th during gears 1-3, advancing the timing in those gears back to normal. A fuel processor helps overcome the lean condition. The Bully is the only fuel processor I'm aware of that you can adjust your mixtures on the fly. Hope this gets you started. Good choice on the bike!
    '08 C109R featuring: Ultimate Seat (in studded leather); Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; GMan Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki C109
    Quote Originally Posted by Halford View Post
    Hi All,

I started a fairly lengthy thread a couple of weeks ago seeking advice on whether or not a novice rider like myself should consider trading up my C50 to the 109. Still undecided. What did you guys move into the niner from?
    I just started riding in 2007. I bought a nice used C50. Great starter bike...very forgiving! Scared the hell outta me the first few times I snapped the throttle. By the end of my first season when I snapped the throttle, I thought "Is that all you've got"? That winter I went to the bike show in Toronto to buy a new C90. when I looked at the display bikes I saw one on the end I didn't recognize and when I talked to the sales guy, he introduced me tp the new C109. Originally I intended to buy the C90 and maybe trade up to something bigger in a couple of years, but looking at the C109 I figured if I bit the bullet & spent the extra coin I'd be able to keep it and not need to trade up after, cuz how much bike does a person need? So, I went straight from the C50 to the C109. Cornering took a little getting used to because of the wide back tire but it didn't take long at all to adjust for that. As for performance, i I give a good crank on the throttle it still gets my attention. The thing is a bullet! If I had to pick a downside, thy could stand to make the seat more comfortable. After a couple of hours your butt needs a break. I bougt mine pretty much all tricked out which was a good thing because it's almost impossible to get the other chromegoodies they offer. Had to go to aftermarket parts for afew things. I also had to initially take the bike bare bones until the other stuff came in.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki C109
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
    I just started riding in 2007. I bought a nice used C50. Great starter bike...very forgiving! Scared the hell outta me the first few times I snapped the throttle. By the end of my first season when I snapped the throttle, I thought "Is that all you've got"? That winter I went to the bike show in Toronto to buy a new C90. when I looked at the display bikes I saw one on the end I didn't recognize and when I talked to the sales guy, he introduced me tp the new C109. Originally I intended to buy the C90 and maybe trade up to something bigger in a couple of years, but looking at the C109 I figured if I bit the bullet & spent the extra coin I'd be able to keep it and not need to trade up after, cuz how much bike does a person need? So, I went straight from the C50 to the C109. Cornering took a little getting used to because of the wide back tire but it didn't take long at all to adjust for that. As for performance, i I give a good crank on the throttle it still gets my attention. The thing is a bullet! If I had to pick a downside, thy could stand to make the seat more comfortable. After a couple of hours your butt needs a break. I bougt mine pretty much all tricked out which was a good thing because it's almost impossible to get the other chromegoodies they offer. Had to go to aftermarket parts for afew things. I also had to initially take the bike bare bones until the other stuff came in.
    They don't give much room to write stuf...lol Once the other parts which were on backorder came in, the dealer installed them for me. Suzuki has great, reliable machines, but they sure have dropped the ball on other stuff. They don't like to stand behind their chrome and you have to stay at it, cleaning & polishing so it doesnt rust. They also don't really have anything as far as apparel and other goodies bikers like to buy...at least not for cruiser owners. But the bike itself I love. My only other concern rigt now is that they'e not making tham anymore and I'm wondering how long it'll be before parts will be hard to get. I guess I kinda got lost in a ramble here, but to answer your question, going from a C50 to a C109 you just have to remember that it's a big, heavy, powerful bike, but if you're careful & treat it with respect you shouldn't have any problems riding one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
    They don't give much room to write stuf...lol
    Maybe that's because you are a new user. There have been posts MUCH longer than yours in the past.

Welcome to the forum.

Your posts would be MUCH easier to read with a little white space included.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Hi ,I am slodione Iam new to group. I have a c109r 2008,nice bike.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

My Bike(s)
    2008 C109RT Boulevard
    I have the C109 since 2008 nice riding bike but it is heavy, been driving bikes since 82'. Caution advised when cornering!! because of the wide back tire it has the tendency to want to right itself.

I have a c109r very nice bike had a recall on rectifier done 2yrs ago now same problem again in the shop.I am going to stay the course though real nice bike.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by EFFD View Post
    because of the wide back tire it has the tendency to want to right itself.
    It isn't caused by just a wide back tire.
    It is the overall geometry of the frame design and the width of both tires.
    A lot of heavier bikes also steer "heavy".
    It is a lot worse if the rider is leaning the wrong way.

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard 2008 C109RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    I just bought a new C109R two days ago and I love it. Fantastic bike. Just looking to see if there are any other C109R owners out there seeing the bike is so new.

My dealer said he thought I was one of the first on the East Coast to buy one!
    I have C109RT 2008. I bought it in Green Bay WI in 2009 brand new. ( 2 miles odom ) I have moved down to Florida in 2012.
    I have 10000 miles on them. Good motorcycle, but too much electronic!!!!!!
    Now I have problem with FI light! May some body can help me. I got code " - C00"
    light is still lit on non stop.
    I figured out that "C00" COD is mean everything is OK ! But what is mean " - C00"
    same OK ?????? If the light is lit non stop something is not good !!!!!!

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Sometimes the lite gets lit and latches on for a "transient" code.
    Which means that the fault is now gone.

You probably need to visit a dealer to get ALL of the codes read, which you might not be able to do, and get the light reset to see if it comes back.

P.S. Wild idea: Maybe this light comes on to indicate a service interval too. Have you read through the owners manual ??

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Sponsored Links