Hello C50 owners!
I just registered here. I'm considering buying a C50, it's a 2005 bike, seems to have been maintained regularly (every 3500 miles). It has 15000 miles and I'm wondering if a) it's much (probably not, if maintained well?), b) what service I'd need to do and how much that'd be. According to the owner's manual, there's one coming at 15K, many "inspections", and... spark plug replacement. Not sure what those inspections will result in. The so-far usage was mostly for commuting, in a hilly land (Oregon/California).
- The front tire has most of this 15K on it, the back tire has probably less than 10K. The thread is still clearly marked (and no dry rod) , but I'm not sure - is it time to change...?
- The sound seemed quite low to me (and it's a stock exhaust), like burp-burp-burp, he he , but it wasn't backfiring and when ridden faster by the owner, sounded ok.
- It's supposedly been down (at a low speed?) at the very beginning and everything was repaired/replaced. I noticed the front lamp and the signals are slightly skewed, but the fork looked ok, and I didn't feel anything wrong when test-riding. Is it normal for those light to be misalligned due to standard usage?
- The rear brake looked half-way the range, and I couldn't see how much pads in front there are left. How often do you change brakes?
- There were tiny (really small) signs of rust at the bottom. I guess that's normal.
- When is the clutch change due?
- It generally looked nice, was stored in a garage, probably not ridden much in rain (according to the owner), and test-riding/accelerating was without any problems (didn't go fast though).
- I'd prefer an M50 (sorry guys... , but this one seems to have a good price ($4000, plain C50 w/o windshield, bags etc.), I'm just not that fond of the tail and the color, but maybe I'll get to like it
PS. If you had a pdf of the owner's manual, I wouldn't complain to see it
PS2. If you're the owner, and read it, hello I think it's a fair description, huh?