Motorcycle Forum banner

The wife's new bike

3K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  tricker 
#1 ·
Here's her new '06 S40 that she bought yesterday. She got a great deal on it. I guess the dealer was tired of an '06 taking up showroom space. She also got a nice little discount card that's good at the dealer for the next year. As you can see, our vicious guard dog is already protecting her new ride.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice bike, hope she likes it. I can tell she does, from the chair, does she sit in it all nite and stare at the bike? :mrgreen:
As far as the dog goes, dynamite does come in small packages. The worst dog attack I have had was from a little dog like that. Damn thing was like a pirahna.

#10 ·
Atta boy Jim! My wife was out on hers last night. She aced her MSF course and jumped straight on hers and road away. On one hand, it's nice to have the ladies on their own...on the other.....i can hear the nagging already.

"You're pipes are too loud"
"You're going to fast"
"Quit Dragging your Pegs, you look stupid"
"Put your visor down"
"Wait for me"

Hindsight is 20/20 Jim.........20/20 :fight2:

:lol:

#13 ·
It's worse than that here. See, I got all excited when she wanted to quit smacking my helmet, poking me in the ribs, yelling in my ear....when she said she wanted to ride her own.

After a small stint (about a year & a half) on a 250 Suzuki cruiser, she moved up to the same bike I ride: VS800 Intruder. It was fully customized when we bought it....with all the accessories being different, it likely weighs 20-40 pounds less than mine. When we got it, it had no baffles.

Thus, she keeps telling me:
1) mine's faster
2) mine's louder
3) you ride a girl's bike

...I think she's just itching for me to get a new (bigger, louder, faster) bike. :twisted:

#12 ·
Still better than getting "cuffed" in the back of the helmet when she was riding as a passenger

#14 ·
See?! This is the problem!!! This is what we get for being liberal and supportive! :lol4:

I can see it now, my wife, who's 90 pounds less than me on a bike a fraction the size of my own, beating me into the corners and passing me on the straights....it's the end of the friggen world

#21 ·
Hilarious posts threads can come from the most innocent of posts.

A) Nice bike. We were looking at one for the Mrs as well next year when she gets her licence.
B) We have (as driver and passenger) helmet to helmet communication and it sure beats the hell out of the thumps on the helmet, AND makes the yelling back and forth go away.
C) Regarding the "wife beating you in the turns": the funny thing about that is that we ride with two couples where the wives have their own rides and BOTH the women have significantly louder pipes and it's funny to watch the guys admit it.
D) That's the wife's dog right? Mine's left larger yard cigars than that.
hehe
:bluethum:

#24 ·
#28 ·
Here's her new '06 S40 that she bought yesterday. She got a great deal on it. I guess the dealer was tired of an '06 taking up showroom space. She also got a nice little discount card that's good at the dealer for the next year. As you can see, our vicious guard dog is already protecting her new ride.

Sweet for her.... and you. ;)

Y'all have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.