Have you ever noticed? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have noticed most girls on the back of sport bikes are good looking. Their looks are dircectly propotional to the guy they are with though. Better sportbike, he makes more money, shes prettier. Dude doesn't look so good, his lady follows suit.

So what do most of you wear? I'm looking at getting my first bike, an M50, and I'm going to get a jacket and make my wife do the same to ride on the back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TTungett View Post
    Davy believe it or not here in Jax, glasses are the only required artical of clothing for motorcycling you have to wear.
    Tim, I gottcha. I know there weren't any restrictions on clothing but just thought it was crazy that this guy didn't have eyewear which is a big no no in the eyes of the law.

Want's A New Title
    My Bike(s)
    2006 grey suzuki M50 /2009 KLR 650
    it seems that most people around here ride with full or almost full gear (jacket, jeans, boots, helmet, gloves...)
    chicks on bikes are hot. doesn't have to be a crotch rocket

now with the heat around here, i see a lot more just wearing no jacket, but they have the rest of the gear...
    2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 called Beast and 2006 Suzuki M50 to be reborn M50 Service Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajim View Post
    "we, the few, the proud, the motorcyclists of the world, refuse to sit down in comfort, insulated from the environment, and run the gauntlet of life with a front row seat. And we wouldn't want it any other way." Jim

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    06' C50 (Blue/Gray)
    Haven't seen any chicks on crotch rockets, but saw one on a cruiser last week wearing jeans, sneakers, t-shirt, Oakleys, and one of these..

Had to do a double take just to be sure!
    Last edited by Sandman; 07-09-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
    -Sandman

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    Silver '06 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by TFee3 View Post
    About the only thing that's a universal law is eye protection
    Not quite. Here in NC, there is a helmet law, but no requirement for eye protection. In MA, where I used to live, you're only required to wear eye protection when riding on a permit, as apparently when you get your license your eyes become invincible! I still think Michigan is the best though, where eye protection is only required over 35mph, cuz a rock in the eye at 30mph is really no big deal.

Around here I see a LOT of guys riding bikes in a t shirt, a tank top, or no shirt at all, regardless of what kind of bike they're on. I actually got passed by a guy on a Busa last week wearing racing leathers for pants and boots, a full face helmet, gloves, and no shirt at all. I was doing about 70, and I swear he passed me going no less than 100mph, when I saw he had no shirt, I cringed at the thought of it. Theres also a local girl who rides a Busa who has the license plate "RYD TPLS" (which she'll happily translate for you into Ride Topless if you ask her. Yet she wears FULL race leathers (in pink). As for the booty, she prolly weighs 110 sopping wet.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2007 M50
    Even though I scrape the leftovers form the road.....I usually wear jeans, boots, helmet/goggles and a t-shirt. Thats the least Ill wear. There is a leather jacket in the saddle bags at all times. I toss it on when its tolerable as far as heat goes.

I cant tell you guys how many roadrashed non clothes wearing folks Ive taken care of. THere is just as many broken slightly roadrashed leather wearers that end up with cut up leathers.

I have noticed a couple of things in my 14 years as a medic......Alcohol and stupidity are the biggest reasons by far that bikers get FUBAR. I know alot of them have been messed up by cagers not looking or not seeing you, but the majority of injuries are from the former.

I went on a little tangent there...sorry.

Ride safe boys and girls.....Be smart. Or some medic will "make you nekked".

Want's A New Title
    My Bike(s)
    i wear a full face, motorcycle sunglasses and i STILL get crap in my eyes!
    i don't know how people think that's comfortable...
    i'd rather sweat in my leather or mesh jacket and jeans and boots...

i'd like to be able to chew my own food and wipe my bum with my own fingers
    2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 called Beast and 2006 Suzuki M50 to be reborn M50 Service Manual
    "we, the few, the proud, the motorcyclists of the world, refuse to sit down in comfort, insulated from the environment, and run the gauntlet of life with a front row seat. And we wouldn't want it any other way." Jim

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    2004 kawasaki zzr 600
    Quote Originally Posted by womper View Post
    i'd like to be able to chew my own food and wipe my bum with my own fingers
    but what about the sponge bathes by the hot nurses?

Want's A New Title
    My Bike(s)
    heh

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    1999 vs800 intruder
    Quote Originally Posted by NCxM50 View Post
    Theres also a local girl who rides a Busa who has the license plate "RYD TPLS" (which she'll happily translate for you into Ride Topless if you ask her. Yet she wears FULL race leathers (in pink). As for the booty, she prolly weighs 110 sopping wet.

Just Won't Go Away !
    I wear a full face helmet & fieldshear jacket in weather under 80 degrees. Over 80 degrees I wear a 3/4helmet with face shield, t-shirt & leather vest just because I get too hot in the jacket. I always wear jeans, riding boots and gloves.

Seeing girls riding two-up on the back of little crotch rockets with no sissy bar just looks like trouble to me.

My Bike(s)
    2004 kawasaki zzr 600
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaRoller View Post
    Seeing girls riding two-up on the back of little crotch rockets with no sissy bar just looks like trouble to me.
    You can tell when they're nervous though when you have them on.. They have a death grip with their legs and are holding on really tight.

Just Won't Go Away !
    Quote Originally Posted by tricker View Post
    You can tell when they're nervous though when you have them on.. They have a death grip with their legs and are holding on really tight.
    I don't want to slam anybody. But typically guys who ride cruisers are "typically" alittle more mature and overall better riders. I see crotch rocket riders all the time taking risks, weaving, wheelies, 100+ mph in traffic. Their usually teenagers or early 20's and they have no business with another person on the back of their bikes.

Last summer coming through the downtown connnector in Atlanta a gang of rockets blew my doors off (I was in a car at the time) and what I saw next I still can't believe. They slowed down to 70mph and one of the guys jumped off his bike while keeping both hands on the bars and was sliding on his feet next to his bike in traffic going 70mph. It was insane. He did it for maybe 10seconds. (I guess I should move this reply to the rant thread! Sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
    That's funny Wildwolf. I was thinking the same thing. Ha ha ha

My Bike(s)
    2004 kawasaki zzr 600
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaRoller View Post
    I don't want to slam anybody. But typically guys who ride cruisers are "typically" a little more mature and overall better riders. I see crotch rocket riders all the time taking risks, weaving, wheelies, 100+ mph in traffic. Their usually teenagers or early 20's and they have no business with another person on the back of their bikes.
    That exact reason is why I do not group ride where I live. I have crotch rockets blast past me often. Have I taken risks before? Yeah but by myself away from a lot of people. Stick someone on the back of my bike and I drive like a grandma.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links