Need to adjust rear suspension - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What size spanner wrench ?? Also Frost I tried that site the page is set up really wierd and diifercult to get around but it could just be me

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    A Suzuki dealer can tell you which size you need.

From reading the posts on how to adjust it, it sounds like a bit of a pain. If you have a couple of buddies that can help you adjust it, you can get the sag close. That way you won't be going back to adjust it as much until you get it dialed in. I have only owned one cruiser in my life and it had twin shocks on the outside and so easy to adjust. Your sag is usually set to about 30% of the shocks travel.

Get a couple of buddies to lift the back of the bike up (Or use a jack if you can. Just make sure if you do that it is not hindering the travel of the swing arm.) and measure from a set point on the bike down to a point on the swing arm. Then, lower the bike, sit on it in the position that you would ride in as a buddy holds the bike upright. Then your other buddy will measure the points again. To increase the sag hight, compress the spring, to lower it, decompress it. After that, you can fine tune it to fit your ridding style.

Setting your sag properly, will make the bike handle better as it will increase the rear ride hight and help the bike to turn better. If you are going to be ridding two-up a lot, since your shock is hard to get to, you may want to set it a little more to the stiff side (less sag).

PS, I looked around online and was not able to find the rear travel for it. Any one know?
    Last edited by Davecm203; 03-31-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    several
    It's really not that complicated. Jack it up, take off the side gas tank cover, adjust it one full turn. Lock it down, take it for a ride. If if feels better but not quite right, go another turn and test drive again. With 20 minutes of trial and error you will find your sweet spot, then put the cover back on and you won't have to touch it again until the shock wears out.

Oh, it is a special wrench that fits the notches on the shock adjuster. I've always just used a drift.
    You MUST obey the pug dog!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Bandit, '09 Wee Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by armycain View Post
    What size spanner wrench ?? Also Frost I tried that site the page is set up really wierd and diifercult to get around but it could just be me
    Just enter as a GUEST if you want. I doubt you would be able to log in unless you do actually register, do so as a basic member otherwise you gotta pay. If you go to the start page there is a ton of info for the LC 1500 and C90, but for now click on "guest" and "start reading". It is a different format as MJ but you will get used to it. Lots of cool sig pics as well.

i tried a spanner wrench when i adjusted the shock on my 07 c90t. there isnt enough room to turn it when you get it in there. you need to use a drift and hammer.. im 5 ft 11 and go 280 i turned mine down 2 turns and it rides nice with my wife and myself on it. iots not hard to do and only takes a minute or so......

There was a spanner wrench came in the tool bag that came with the bike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links