2006 M50, everything stock... what do I do first?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki Boulevard M50

2006 M50, everything stock... what do I do first?

Got my blue 2006 Boulevard M50 second- (or third-) hand back in late-August. It is my first bike and I love it! Was able to put just under 1K miles on it before the cold and snow. It is pretty clean but the first owner dropped it and scratched the pipes up. Not too worried about that, though. I like the lines of this bike but I'm thinking of adding a sissy bar so I have something to bungie gear to (like my laptop bag). I'm also thinking saddle bags. Can anyone out there recommend a vendor/model that will look good on this bike? Does the stock back seat have to be upgraded?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    '05 Suzuki Boulevard M50 (Black)
    I have an '05. I'm looking at swapping the entire seat out for one with a removable sissy bar (Mustang and Corbin make them) or adding a quick detach sissy bar (Jardine makes them).

My bags came with the bike - next time I swing by the winter storage location I'll post and let you know what they are, I've been pretty happy (black leather, zippered for quick detach).

If you swap out the pipes due to the scratch, check out Hard Kromes. I was rear ended/dropped the bike last summer and his insurance picked up the tab for replacements - very nice pipes. LOUD, clean look.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard M50 2008 Yellow and Black named the Bumble Bee

stuff to do to the M50

Quote Originally Posted by rightField View Post
    Got my blue 2006 Boulevard M50 second- (or third-) hand back in late-August. It is my first bike and I love it! Was able to put just under 1K miles on it before the cold and snow. It is pretty clean but the first owner dropped it and scratched the pipes up. Not too worried about that, though. I like the lines of this bike but I'm thinking of adding a sissy bar so I have something to bungie gear to (like my laptop bag). I'm also thinking saddle bags. Can anyone out there recommend a vendor/model that will look good on this bike? Does the stock back seat have to be upgraded?

Thanks
    I recommend the ghost or easy brackets for your M.
    They allow you to mount any bag to them and remove them with a key.
    This keeps them secure and yet let's you strip down the M when you need to ride without them.

I put the handlebar riser spacers on mine but I make those now for M50 riders and won't ride without them.
    I had a 2007 M50, my first bike ever in my 45 years. Now at 48 I purchased my second M50 a 2008 model and love it just as much but needed more pullback in the bars.
    I'm designing a chin spoiler that I hope to have ready to make available here on the forums in the next month or so.
    I suggest the Vance and Hines Cruzers for pipes, I did them on the 07 and loved them and plan to do the same on this 08.
    I put a Corbin solo seat on mine and hope to add a sissy bar tall custom made for mounting a bag when I need to carry rain gear or junk.

Welcome to the forum if you are new and enjoy that M. It's a great product.

CooleyM50

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    '06 M50 Boulevard
    Pipes and a processor and a lowering kit (3") and forward controls from Johns Kits. Then just add the grips, pegs, etc., etc. .

Cobra Slashdowns, Cobra Processor, Iso-Grips/dual thottle bosses/Stilleto end caps, Stilleto pegs/Stilleto stirrups, Johns Kits forward controls, Johns Kits 3" lowering kit, Arlen Ness Rad II Teardrop mirrors, Chrome neck covers, Chrome Radiator cover, Debadged and rear seat and pegs removed. Huge Azz Saddleman Midnight Express Saddlebags on Ghost Brackets. Chrome crap rack on the rear fender

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki M50 Blue with C50 Rear Fender
    A brighter headlight bulb, like the Sylvania Silverstar H4, and a light bar, or some form of bright, front facing, running lights are a must if you want to keep cars from pulling out in front of you, at intersections or changing lanes in front of you out on the supper slab. Bikes with only the stock headlight are easy to miss, but the brighter headlight bulb and light bar make your bike much more able to be seen. See my custom light bar here, and you can do a search at the M50 Hideaway for a lot of other ideas.

The Custom Dynamics Integrated Tail Light would be nice for added safety as well. It is brighter for braking and half of it flashes yellow for turning. A lot of us have added it to our M50's.

Safety comes before any added functionality, or comfort.
    Last edited by old new biker; 01-04-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    06 M50 Bluuu Bluuu Bluuu
    DJ DRIVE - C90 Rear End Swap (14% lower RPM's)
    MEMPHIS SHADES - Big Shot Wind Screen
    PILOT NV-501W - Driving Lights on Custom Bar
    STEBEL - Air Horn
    JOHN'S KITS - Forward Controls
    MUSTANG WIDE TOUR - Driver and Pillion Seat Combo
    BESTEM - Passenger Backrest and Luggage Rack
    CYCLE-ISTIC - Passenger Peg Extenders
    RIVER ROAD XL - Studded Slant Bags (Reinforced & Lockable)
    RIVER ROAD XL-SLANTS / EASY BRACKET - Saddle Bag & Supports
    C50 RAEAR FENDER - Fender and Lighting Swap

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    05 Blue M50
    Quote Originally Posted by RAddiction View Post
    Pipes and a processor and a lowering kit (3") and forward controls from Johns Kits. Then just add the grips, pegs, etc., etc. .

Nice!

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    05 Blue M50
    Hey I've been looking around for how to debadge these bikes and can't find anything. I have debadged cars before with just a hairdryer and some cleaning. Is it the same for these bikes?

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki M50 Blue with C50 Rear Fender
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 Demon Blue View Post
    Hey I've been looking around for how to debadge these bikes and can't find anything. I have debadged cars before with just a hairdryer and some cleaning. Is it the same for these bikes?
    Just search the word "debadge", and it will bring up several threads, including an actual Debadge Tutorial. Use advanced search, and set the search for titles only, and you will cut down the number of threads
    Last edited by old new biker; 01-12-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    06 M50 Bluuu Bluuu Bluuu
    DJ DRIVE - C90 Rear End Swap (14% lower RPM's)
    MEMPHIS SHADES - Big Shot Wind Screen
    PILOT NV-501W - Driving Lights on Custom Bar
    STEBEL - Air Horn
    JOHN'S KITS - Forward Controls
    MUSTANG WIDE TOUR - Driver and Pillion Seat Combo
    BESTEM - Passenger Backrest and Luggage Rack
    CYCLE-ISTIC - Passenger Peg Extenders
    RIVER ROAD XL - Studded Slant Bags (Reinforced & Lockable)
    RIVER ROAD XL-SLANTS / EASY BRACKET - Saddle Bag & Supports
    C50 RAEAR FENDER - Fender and Lighting Swap

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    '06 M50 Boulevard
    Zak, I used fishing string and some sort of adhesive remover, Goof off maybe. I covered the lower parts of the bike with towels to protect it. Take it slow.....ahh you know what your doin'!
    Cobra Slashdowns, Cobra Processor, Iso-Grips/dual thottle bosses/Stilleto end caps, Stilleto pegs/Stilleto stirrups, Johns Kits forward controls, Johns Kits 3" lowering kit, Arlen Ness Rad II Teardrop mirrors, Chrome neck covers, Chrome Radiator cover, Debadged and rear seat and pegs removed. Huge Azz Saddleman Midnight Express Saddlebags on Ghost Brackets. Chrome crap rack on the rear fender

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki Boulevard M-50
    First come over to the Marauder M50 Secret Hideaway... only us M50 folks!

Some items to check out and do searches on...
    1. Stock M50 seat blows. You can try a lumpectomy (search term) but it didn't work for me. I'm going to replace with a Mustang Vintage Wide Touring.
    2. Don't buy pipes, just do a debaffle. Did it on mine and sounds awesome! Search for the term "Fibrosleeve" in this case.
    3. I'm not sure how tall / short you are, but you'll want to look at the hanglebar risers post, john's forward controls and lowering. Be careful on the lowering as I already scrape pegs... though I tend to be a bit more aggresive.
    4. I'm always impressed with the debadge and black out of components, though I have yet to attempt.
    5. Finally, the right screw that holds on your tailight assembly is likely missing or loose. Be sure to check it out. Seems to fall out for everyone.

Anyway,
    G

m50
    hey G force.. did you add a fuel processor after debaffling? I cut mine out on my 07 M50 sounds great but some sputtering at low rpms . noticed a loss in mileage also

other than that great bike.

My Bike(s)
    2006 boulevard m50

On the money!

Quote Originally Posted by gforce76 View Post
    First come over to the Marauder M50 Secret Hideaway... only us M50 folks!

Some items to check out and do searches on...
    1. Stock M50 seat blows. You can try a lumpectomy (search term) but it didn't work for me. I'm going to replace with a Mustang Vintage Wide Touring.
    2. Don't buy pipes, just do a debaffle. Did it on mine and sounds awesome! Search for the term "Fibrosleeve" in this case.
    3. I'm not sure how tall / short you are, but you'll want to look at the hanglebar risers post, john's forward controls and lowering. Be careful on the lowering as I already scrape pegs... though I tend to be a bit more aggresive.
    4. I'm always impressed with the debadge and black out of components, though I have yet to attempt.
    5. Finally, the right screw that holds on your tailight assembly is likely missing or loose. Be sure to check it out. Seems to fall out for everyone.

Anyway,
    G
    I've had my 2006 M50 for just a month. Saw your mention of #5 and went into the garage to check. Jup, the right tail light screw was loose. Really on the money with that one!

Sponsored Links