Thoughts on selling my C90T
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2008 C90T

Thoughts on selling my C90T

I placed an ad on Craig's List about two weeks ago for my two-tone '08 C90T. I put the asking price at $6,000. To date, I have received just one reply and that was from a scammer. I placed this ad because a guy I ride with has a BMW 1200RT and he is gently trying to get me to step up to what he refers to as "the ultimate experience in motorcycling". "Ride one of these", he says, "and you'll never look back." So I went to the BMW dealership here in Denver the other day to look at this particular model and saw that it is priced at $19,600, plus tax. Now I live a pretty comfortable life but that's still a lot of dough for two wheels. Trade in? They want nothing to do with that, either. The salesman said that Harley owners in particular are in for a surprise when they see how values have dropped on their bikes.

I guess the reason I say all of this is because what really motivates me to sell is probably the old "gotta keep up with the Jones mentality." There's absolutely no reason why I should not be satisfied with what I have. It's a great bike and a great value for about half the cost of the BMW. Maybe it's good that no one has inquired about the bike - good in that it might keep me from doing something I don't really need to do - but I'm still kind of scratching my head over the complete lack of interest in a really good bike with a decent price.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Yamaha Roadliner
    I think it has more to do with the tough times more than lack of interest. Lots of folks don't have that disposable income anymore to afford "luxury" items such as motorcycles. I have a 2007 C90 and I enjoy it more every day. I see myself keeping it for quite sometime
    TJ

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Suzuki C90T BOSS
    Sheesh I'm glad you didn't get any takers. 6 grand is pretty cheap for an '08. I have a 2006 that just turned over 40k and aside from a couple electrical problems, I still enjoy riding it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I don't care if it's the unholy four, John Wayne and Dorothy Lamour
    I just don't wanna talk to him now......

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2007 M50
    Keep yours. Sure it's nice to have heated grips/seats...cup holder, back massager, 8 cupholders, a CD player, MP3 slot, cruise, sunroof, the little propeller symbol, but damn. With my friggin ADD, I'd be playin with all the gizmos, and not really enjoying my ride...hahahaha

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki M50 Blue with C50 Rear Fender
    Quote Originally Posted by chouser View Post
    I placed an ad on Craig's List about two weeks ago for my two-tone '08 C90T. I put the asking price at $6,000. To date, I have received just one reply and that was from a scammer. I placed this ad because a guy I ride with has a BMW 1200RT and he is gently trying to get me to step up to what he refers to as "the ultimate experience in motorcycling". "Ride one of these", he says, "and you'll never look back." So I went to the BMW dealership here in Denver the other day to look at this particular model and saw that it is priced at $19,600, plus tax. Now I live a pretty comfortable life but that's still a lot of dough for two wheels. Trade in? They want nothing to do with that, either. The salesman said that Harley owners in particular are in for a surprise when they see how values have dropped on their bikes.

I guess the reason I say all of this is because what really motivates me to sell is probably the old "gotta keep up with the Jones mentality." There's absolutely no reason why I should not be satisfied with what I have. It's a great bike and a great value for about half the cost of the BMW. Maybe it's good that no one has inquired about the bike - good in that it might keep me from doing something I don't really need to do - but I'm still kind of scratching my head over the complete lack of interest in a really good bike with a decent price.
    I went to Craig's List and did not find your add.
    Can you either post the link, of post some pic's so we can see this beauty of yours?
    Last edited by old new biker; 04-08-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    06 M50 Bluuu Bluuu Bluuu
    DJ DRIVE - C90 Rear End Swap (14% lower RPM's)
    MEMPHIS SHADES - Big Shot Wind Screen
    PILOT NV-501W - Driving Lights on Custom Bar
    STEBEL - Air Horn
    JOHN'S KITS - Forward Controls
    MUSTANG WIDE TOUR - Driver and Pillion Seat Combo
    BESTEM - Passenger Backrest and Luggage Rack
    CYCLE-ISTIC - Passenger Peg Extenders
    RIVER ROAD XL - Studded Slant Bags (Reinforced & Lockable)
    RIVER ROAD XL-SLANTS / EASY BRACKET - Saddle Bag & Supports
    C50 RAEAR FENDER - Fender and Lighting Swap

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    I really agree...that is too cheap !!!
    Ride long and prosper !

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki C-90
    I tried to sell my '08 standard C90 here in Vero Beach, FL for $6990 and couldn't do it either. I put it on ebaymotors.com and on craigslist and on facebook. i had one guy offer $5990... Um.. The BMW R1200R I want would be great but i am not giving away this bike. It rides like a boring old cruiser but the comfort and the great reliability say a lot too.

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    I just sold my '08 Vulcan Classic 1500 with 12k miles on it on Craig's list for $7000. The guy didnt even quibble.
    Ride long and prosper !

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki C50T
    I'm trying to sell my 08 C50T with some extra's for between $5,500 on Craiglist to no avail either. I've had lots of people ask me if it's still available, and when I reply saying yes, no further response from them...it's aggravating
    Every day I wake up is a good day!

My Bike(s)
    C109R
    Style is a factor, and to me the Beemers just don't look that great. That's personal opinion of course, but I like the classic cruiser style. I say keep what you got and cruise. Use the dough you would have spent for customizations. It's almost like getting a new ride.

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    '03 Marauder 800
    I've never had any luck using Craigslist. Mostly nothing but scammers.
    "The great object is, that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun." - Thomas Jefferson

must be a location thing. here in East Tn Harleys are still way too high in price...

Sponsored Links