M50 Power commander problems
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2008 M50

M50 Power commander problems

hey all !
    This my first post. I have a 2008 M50. Got new pipes MOTORCYCLE-EXHAUST.COM - BEST PRICES FREE SHIPPING: ROADHOUSE OUTLAW BLACK COMPLETE EXHAUST VOLUSIA800 / INTRUDER800 / BOULEVARD C50 / BOULEVARD M50 (thats the exact pipes i have. These pipes back fire when ever i let the throttle go. So i bought a power commander III EX. Can some one tell me what is the closest map i can download for these exhaust because the map is not avalable for this exact exhaust, so i know it has to be the closet one to it.

question 2- once downloaded and the pciii installed what do i do next to prevent the back fire? i dont care about getting extra hp or anything i just dont want back fire. Does it fix it self once i turn it on or what do i have to do. I am getting stationed in turkey soon and i will be stranded there with no help so please advice!!!! thanks guys

Shine side up and rubber side down
    Ely

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    08 Boulevard M50
    I can't be 100% sure, but it sounds like to me the back firing you are getting is a natural result of replacing the stock exhaust. This can be caused by the PAIR Valve system that comes stock on the motor. Read more about it here:

Pair Valve

As far as the map, I can't much help you with that, but if you do a search function, you may be able to find something.
    2008 Black - HK Strippers, Kury Pilot pegs, C.A. smoke lenses, Drag-ness Stealth II mirrors, black HH 28" drag bars, XOPRODOX Black Raptor OS Grips

My Bike(s)
    2008 M50

wow thanks !!

i wonder why i bought the power commader now? any way how to i simply disable it? i dont care about removing it i just dont want the backfiring. Can i just open it up and un plug something ? thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpely View Post
    i wonder why i bought the power commader now? any way how to i simply disable it? i dont care about removing it i just dont want the backfiring. Can i just open it up and un plug something ? thanks
    Hey nice pipes! Those look wicked--any pics on your bike? I have an old Jardine 2-1 and had a lot of backfiring too. I had de-paired prior to installing the pipes (stock intake btw) and still had the backfiring. Once I got a PC-V installed and downloaded a similar map (major PITA but once I got through to a customer svc rep it was cool...operator error, lol...guess I'm not 10% smarter than THAT equipment) the backfiring went away. Hope you get somewhere with your issue!
    2k8 SE, 2k5 Red Parts, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Suzuki OEM Passenger Floorboards, 28" Drag Bars, Ken's 1" Spacers, 2nd Gen Chin Spoiler, Undertail Eliminator Kit, Relocated Turn Signals and Tag, Morton's Violators, K&N Drop In, PC-V retrofit, De-Paired, Custom Headlight, Blacking out the Chrome, Found better brakes - just have to get them on!!!

Sponsored Links