tires
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: tires

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C 50 Limited

tires

I have the original tires on my C50LT (iRC GS23). I just turned 14,000 mi. and will need a new rear soon. Car tires I know a little about, bike tires are a major question mark. I have been happy with the overall performance of the OEM tires, but I don't exactly stretch the envelope either. I'm looking at a few tires and wondering if someone has one or has info on one. I'm looking at cheaper tires because I can't really see the difference between them & a more expensive tire. Pirelli MT66, iRC Wild Flare, Duro (a new brand?), Dunlop K555J. Like I say, I know about my iRC GS23, but would appreciate any info on the others, or a tire you have been very happy with. Alot of my riding is around town, but I have been known to take three week trips also. I'll be going to Wash. D.C. for Rolling Thunder from Ellenton, Fl. Wife rarely gets on the back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Yamaha Roadliner
    I had the Dunlop K555 on the rear of my C90 and I can say that it worked very well for me. Good grip and the bike handled well. I had about 5K on it when I sold the bike and there was still plenty of tread left on it.
    TJ

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki S 50
    Here's a link that might help. Motorcycle Tire Reviews

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C 50 Limited
    Thanks Camp! Good link, wish they had more brands though. Great all around reviews on the Pirelli MT66, not so many good reviews on the Dunlops, although they didn't have the K555J on the list.

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki S 50
    I thought the Pirellis looked good too. That's probably what I'll look at.

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    83 Gl650I
    If you have been happy with the original equipment tire you could just get that again. You already know what to expect so there will be no surprises in handling or ride.

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2011 Victory Cross Roads
    Tire threads are like oil threads, everybody has an opinion and think that what brand they use is the best. You'll get one guy with brand A saying they are the worst and only got 1000 miles out of them while the next guy with the same brand went 20,000 miles on the same tire. If you are happy with the OEM tires then get them again. I bought my bike used with a 200mm Metz on the back and the stocker up front. Replaced stocker with a Metz to match the back and have been happy.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C 50 Limited
    I really like having options.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty, is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Ben Franklin

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2011 Victory Cross Roads
    ???? Just use the search function, tons of tire threads on here that will give you the information you are looking for. You can also go to any motorcycle website that sells tires and look at the reviews for even more opinions.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2006 suzukic50t, 1970 suzuki ac50, 1968 sears campus 50
    Shinko are about half price of major brand tires and have some very good reviews for the budget minded biker.

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    I think you may have set a record for mileage on the stock tire !! I agree with replacing with the same tire ... obviously works for you.
    Ride long and prosper !

I took the All Bran Challenge
    My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    I replaced my IRC's at 14,000 miles with Bridgestones, which I found to be loud on rough roads. I replaced the rear last year with Kenda Cruz and did the front last week with another Kenda. The rear has about 9,000 miles on it now and looks to be good for another 5,000 miles. Price wise and handling I am really happy with the Kenda's.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard C50
    I put the pirelli MT 66 on and they work great. MUCH better than OEM. They have very deep tread. This will be my second year on them and I will definetly buy them again. I got mine from motorcycle superstore.

Ride Hard, Pray Harder.
    Jesus would have been a biker.
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown

My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki M50
    I know that tire talk gets run into the ground but anyone running the Pirelli MT66's? I'm thinking about gettting em for the front and back. I know the poster above me runs em but I just wanted to see if there was anybody else.

My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 - black
    Could consider Kenda Kruz K673 tires. The MT66's are awesome but higher price. The Kenda's get pretty great reviews and the price point is good.

Sponsored Links