Motorcycle Forum banner

2006 Boulevard will not start

22K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Easy Rider 
#1 ·
Good day All,
I have a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard that will not start. It only has 6000 miles on it and just died on me.
I came back from a weekend of riding about 1000 miles and I have no electrical at all.
The Battery Checks out ok and all of the fuses are fine as well. When I turn on the ingnition Key, the only thing that will come on are the Hazzard lights. Nothing else. Need any support that can be given.

I bought this bike about 8 months ago used with only 1200 miles on it. I know it should not be anything serious I hope.

Thank you for any advise you can provide.

#4 ·
This Battery is less than 5 months old. Took it back to the cycle shop where it was purchased and they placed it on a the tester. Before the Ride the bike was gone through and serviced. Do you think it may a Circuit board or something like that?

#5 ·
Do you think it may a Circuit board or something like that?
No but "something like that".

Is there a reason that you don't just have the shop come and GET the bike and fix it ??
Maybe the place you had the service done messed something up.

If you are going to do this yourself, you need a multi-meter and a wiring diagram (shop manual).

Could be a blown main fuse, a bad ignition switch, a loose connector........or loose or corroded main battery cables......or a bad battery, test or no.

#7 ·
have you tried cleaning the posts and all connections to the battery? possible bad ground?

#10 ·
Hi, is any other reason than the recall, I did get mine replaced, but still today my bike die on me I think I had to do with my bike being washed with an hydro. they said they only used it on the tires but I think maybe something else happened. I have checked the fuse box and they all look good, the battery also sound good, it does crank and but start. the light panel do light up except that the oil and temperature wont and the gas panel do light up but wont read. any advise on this?

#11 ·
I have lost power twice since 2009 on my 2006 C50 and it was the battery both times. The electrical system does strange things when the battery fails. The old battery showed 12.75 volts with the ignition off and would drop significantly with the key on and then gradually return to 12.75 volts when the ignition was return to the off position. The first time the console would act crazy to include the speedometer swinging from side to side.

#12 ·
I just purchased a 2007 S40 Boulevard which has the same problem (Battery is new, and the whole bike is dead). The 20 Amp fuses are good, but the bike has a broken left rear blinker, which I believe may be causing a short. Any ideas on the best way forward on this would be much appreciated...

#13 ·
Any ideas on the best way forward on this would be much appreciated...
Welcome.
You need a multi-meter to check voltages.
The broken light should NOT cause a loss of power to the whole bike.

FIRST, you need to make absolutely sure that you have the new battery connected properly; + goes to the solenoid and - to ground.
THEN you need to find the "main" fuse. Usually 30 amp and located in it's own holder at or near the solenoid.
After that, you need to trace the voltage from the battery and see where it disappears.

Did you fully charge the new battery before use ? Most come nearly dead out of the box.

#14 ·
I have an 06 c50 was riding it when stopped turned the bike off and then turned the bike back on oil light came on like it is suppose to and went out when bike was started rode it home and put in garage went out to start it and no power, changed oil, but a new battery in it and a new oil pressure switch changed the 2 30 amp fuses on solenoid all lights come on put there is no power to start the bike any help would be grateful

#15 ·
there is no power to start the bike any help would be grateful
Are you sure that it is in Neutral
AND the clutch is pulled IN
AND the KILL switch is in the RUN position ??

What actually happens when you push the START button ?
Does the headlight go out ?

Did you fully charge your new battery ?
Did you check the connection at the OTHER end of the main cables ?

Some of the things that you did has no bearing on a 12 V power problem.

NOTE:
It would be better to start your own thread instead to jumping on
the end of another old one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.