Accessories and Registration Storage
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Accessories and Registration Storage

Just got a 2008 C50T. Immediately adding highway guards, a chrome license plate holder, tassels and flame floorboard covers. What others have done to customize their bikes?

Also where do you keep your registration and proof of insurance? I carry a small handbag so don't want to keep them in my wallet. I'm afraid I would loose or forget them if I put them in my jacket each time I ride.
    Last edited by Tess_T; 08-23-2014 at 10:14 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '06 Harley Street Bob
    I have saddle bags and keep all my papers in one of them.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by anrfknm View Post
    I have saddle bags and keep all my papers in one of them.
    Check.
    With a copy of the insurance card with VIN and license plate number in my wallet.
    I run the bike with a single key and keep a spare on my key ring with the house key, etc.
    You never know when you might be taking the key out of the bike and drop it down a storm drain.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    On my sportster which has no storage I use a "Stash box" from Twisted throttle.com. It fits under the license plate and is about a half inch thick and is lockable.
    The stash box is water resistant, I put my papers sealed in a baggy anyway. Works great. I have a photo of my license plate (all my vehicles) on my cell phone photo gallery in case one of them are stolen.
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

COLOR ME GONE! Another victim or ER's BS.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '06 Harley Street Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by old codger View Post
    On my sportster which has no storage I use a "Stash box" from Twisted throttle.com. It fits under the license plate and is about a half inch thick and is lockable.
    The stash box is water resistant, I put my papers sealed in a baggy anyway. Works great. I have a photo of my license plate (all my vehicles) on my cell phone photo gallery in case one of them are stolen.
    Now that's a great idea.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    I got a Grifter licence plate storage box from Ebay. $20.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '06 Harley Street Bob
    Ok Mr. old codger I took pictures of my license plates along with the corresponding vehicles; great idea. When I told my wife about this cool idea she looked at me as if I were retarded and asked why I didn't have all these numbers memorized. Wow I need to be careful f this woman.
    Last edited by anrfknm; 08-25-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    Quote Originally Posted by anrfknm View Post
    Ok Mr. old codger I took pictures of my license plates along with the corresponding vehicles; great idea. When I told my wife about this cool idea she looked at me as if I were retarded and asked why I didn't have all these numbers memorized. Wow I need to be careful f this woman.
    I took the pictures of the license plates because I have three four wheel vehicles and two motorcycles and an old sometimes defective memory. If I need to give someone my license number the cell phone photo is a handy way to keep up with my license numbers, well except for my sportster, it has a vanity plate which is my first name plus last initial. That helps me know who I am in case I get lost LOL.
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

COLOR ME GONE! Another victim or ER's BS.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C90 & C50T
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess_T View Post
    Just got a 2008 C50T. Immediately adding highway guards, a chrome license plate holder, tassels and flame floorboard covers. What others have done to customize their bikes?

Also where do you keep your registration and proof of insurance? I carry a small handbag so don't want to keep them in my wallet. I'm afraid I would loose or forget them if I put them in my jacket each time I ride.
    Done lots of mods to my C50, but not nearly as many as I've done to my C90. On my C50 I've lowered it 2-1/2", added 2-1 exhaust, Mustang seat, risers, and a host of other things.

As far as a place to store your paperword, being you have a C50T (according to your profile) you already have a wind screen. Invest in a windshield pouch. You can keep your paperwork there along with sunglasses, etc. Or, you can do what I did and utilize the OEM tool compartment located on the left side of the bike just below the seat. Item #11 on the bike.

Good luck.

Larry

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    Boulevard C109RT
    Tank bra/bib with pouch is where I keep my papers, mp3 player, garage door opener, etc
    Don

08 Boulevard C109RT
    Blue - the fastest color
    Calgary Canada

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_ca View Post
    Tank bra/bib with pouch is where I keep my papers, mp3 player, garage door opener, etc
    Yikes. Seems like that would be easy pickings for some low-life just walking by.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    Boulevard C109RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Yikes. Seems like that would be easy pickings for some low-life just walking by.
    If my registration gets stolen while I'm having a bite to eat, but my bike's still there, I'm all good.
    Some people will also keep their papers or registration under their seat in a plastic bag.
    I'm not partial to taking my bike apart when I need stuff.
    Don

08 Boulevard C109RT
    Blue - the fastest color
    Calgary Canada

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    99 Suzuki Marauder
    I keep mine in the saddle bag in a zip lock bag. Along with emergency contact information.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_ca View Post
    If my registration gets stolen while I'm having a bite to eat, but my bike's still there, I'm all good.
    Some people will also keep their papers or registration under their seat in a plastic bag.
    I'm not partial to taking my bike apart when I need stuff.
    You might not be so "good" if they steal your registration with your home address on it AND your garage door opener.

Many bikes require a key to get "under the seat" but it's quite easy. On others, it's quite difficult even if you have the time and tools. I HATED getting the seat off of my S50.

You got my attention with that remark though and I'll be moving mine from an unlocked bag to a locked under-seat compartment.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki C50T
    I keep my registration/insurance card in the tool compartment, under the strap that holds the tool pouch. It's not like I ever need to show it, so it really doesn't need to be at my fingertips.

Sponsored Links