Gas light problem with 2005 Boulevard
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gas light problem with 2005 Boulevard

Preface, before I start, I bought the bike fairly recently from someone who was not the first owner. The bike was converted to a bobber and neither the seller nor I know exactly what it started as, though Im fairly positive its a 2005 805cc C50. I think

Anyways, the gas light doesnt work. In the bobber conversion, a few wires were left unhooked(mostly blinkers). I figured same problem with the fuel light. Turns out it wasnt, the fuel light wiring harness is intact and connected. So I started looking at the manual for the fuel gauge inspection, been following this
    Gas light problem with 2005 Boulevard-fuel-light.png

First thing, I noticed my wiring harness has 4 wires on the bike as opposed to 2 on the manual. Second, I cant get a good resistance reading between any of the pins coming from the fuel pump. My tank is full and I should be getting a few ohms. Not seeing this across any of the pins on the pump

There's a slight chance that the light on the console is broken, but LEDs are fairly resilient and the housing looks intact, so I doubt this is the case. My next thought is that something isnt connected, which after looking at it, I dont believe this is the case either.

Im wondering why I cant get a good reading from the pump pins in regards to resitance. I also ran a test from the manual where you put a test resistance in the main wiring bus on the bike to make the gas light turn on. I didnt get this to work either but after looking at the procedures again I am not sure I did it right actually. Anyone got any ideas? Any diagrams on the 4 pin connector?

Sponsored Links