Longer cables needed...and I need help!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Longer cables needed...and I need help!

I recently replaced the stock handlebars on my 2007 C50T wit some 12" ape hangers. It took me some time and energy re-routing the cables and brake line to get it rideable. Although it works, I want to get some longer cables so as to have some slack for when I am turning the bike. I have the brake line figured out, but I need to know how long to get my cables. I was told as much as +10".

And if you know where I can get my cables for a good price, please post it. Basically, I need the brake line and the throttle cables and clutch cable.

Thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    I would imagine that you won't find stock cables in the length you need, so you'll have to produce your own. You don't mention where you're located, but I'm sure that there are hardware or auto-parts stores near you that would carry the cables - you could also check with a bicycle shop, as they use similar cables for their brakes and shifters. You'll need to determine the length you need - you should be able to buy cable by the foot (or meter), then put a shuck or some solder on the ends to keep them from fraying.

The brake lines are probably more challenging, since it takes some skill to produce sealed hydraulic lines. Check with a local Harley dealership - they may be able to recommend a shop that can provide these for you, since they have more experience with customizing / ape-hangers.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Pizza is not safe around me. - Me

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    I strongly suggest that you find a custom shop somewhere close by and contract them to make what you need.
    Might cost a few bucks but will be MUCH less of a hassle.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Sponsored Links