2007 Boulevard C50C Instaling New Pipes
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50C

2007 Boulevard C50C Instaling New Pipes

I own a 2007 Boulevard C50C with stock pipes. I'm looking at completely replacing the pipes, but I was told that the fuel controller HAS to be changed as well. I have absolutely no experience working on bikes, but I was told the installation is simple. First of all, where is the ECU located on this bike? Is the installation really as simple as they say? I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    If you are just changing pipes you won't need a fuel processor. If you change the air filter to a high flow one with the pipes you will need a fuel processor. Regardless you don't have to remove the ECU. The fuel processor will have instructions that tells you where to plug it in.
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

My Bike(s)
    Thanks for the info. Every retail website I visited said I had to change the fuel controller -- they want the business I guess.

So, it shouldn't hurt the motorcycle if I keep the original ECU and filter, and just replace the entire exhaust pipe, right?

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2010 Honda Sabre
    As I understand it, no. Replacing the pipes only should be a bolt on process. The ECU can compensate for the pipe change without the processor. The ECU, by the way, is behind the right side frame cover directly under the driver's seat. If you ever decide to add a controller, there is room for the processor behind the cover.

Hope this helps.

FD

My Bike(s)
    Thanks. Will try it w/o processor. Wish me luck...

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdCity80 View Post
    So, it shouldn't hurt the motorcycle if I keep the original ECU and filter, and just replace the entire exhaust pipe, right?
    That depends partly on what your objective IS and what kind of pipes you GET.

If you want to be obnoxiously loud, that is illegal, anti-social and possibly bad for the bike and your hearing.
    Honestly.

Loud pipes risk rights.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    none right now, but soon...
    Just test rode a 2007 C50 yesterday. It had a set of Vance & Hines pipes, a Power Commander, and a Hurricane intake kit installed. It did run very good. Someone, hopefully, set up the power commander properly for those pipes and intake. if not, the engine could be running lean. Erring on the side of richness is much better than on the lean side. Lean mixtures cause heat, and heat can do damage. The bike was a bit loud for me. I prefer stock exhaust. Loud pipes cause me to get massive headaches on longer rides. And, yes, I could wear ear plugs. Seems rediculous to me to 1.install a booming exhaust that forces me to 2.ride with ear plugs. 3.How do you think the home owners and car drivers around you view you and the noise. There was a website (probably still there) for the state of Hawaii, where they were collecting signatures to BAN motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds. It is because of all the owners in stalling loud exhaust systems. If they get enough signatures, they can submit a bill. They are not banning loud exhaust. They are going for banning all motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds. I don't expect this to get off the ground, but, it shows what can happen.

And, to many who pit that loud exhaust on, that's still not good enough. They MUST blip that throttle at every opportunity to rub it in.

For myself, I choose NOT to piss of the cage drivers that surround me by running a blaring exhaust. I'd rather have them in good mood, since they literally have my life in their hands.

Sponsored Links